Show off-ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakaowalao

Sep 23, 2005
Would you be pissed off by someone who always likes to show off his/her PS skill, processed the same image, post in same thread even before asking whether TS likes it or not.;)

Stall holder 1: Cook 1 wanton mee dry for customer at his table.

Stall holder 2: Cook another wanton mee soup and bring to the same customer at the same table.

Stall holder 2 to Stall holder 1: "Oi, I already cook a different one for your customer, if you don't like then I take back hor."

Would you be pissed off by someone who always likes to show off his/her PS skill, processed the same image, post in same thread even before asking whether TS likes it or not.;)

Stall holder 2: Cook another wanton mee soup and bring to the same customer at the same table.

Stall holder 2 to Stall holder 1: "Oi, I already cook a different one for your customer, if you don't like then I take back hor."

yes, i do it precisely because i like to show off. the only thing is, i only do this for critique corner postings or for threads where the TS has asked for my input with regards to comments i have made. i have manners, unlike some very puffed up people, with it seems, an overdone opinion of themselves, such that they make zero positive contribution to the community but act like armchair critics of everybody else; with no substance to back up any statement they make, save rubbish and hot air.

i am more pissed off by the fact that people seem to think that it is a very smart action to make veiled accusations and character smears because they are untouchable due to the vagueness of their statements. it is obvious who you are referring to, and in the light that i just had an argument with you with regards to cameras in the nikon section, it proves further that i shall just stick to my own pentax corner.

anyways, i think you need to take a break, really. out of 18 threads you have started here in clubsnap, with 6 this year, 3 are loud, complaining threads, this one, "why so called models with blah blah can demand paid shots", "TFCD for every SH*T!".. i honestly advise you to take it easier. life is short.

I am taking life easy rather than posting non-stop and thanks for the TRUE numbers ---

Huat huat huat ah, 1863 $10 big, $120 small! :D

MTL!:angel:

Oh, and to quote your forever-saying-missed-your-point statement, you MISSED MINE big time!

It's early so please read my 1st post, 1st line, 27th to 34th words (before asking whether TS likes it or not)

Since you claimed that you only do that in critique corner or for threads where the TS has asked for your input with regards to comments that you made, it's obviously that my thread got nothing to do with you.

even if you are claiming that your statements are not directed at me personally, and i highly doubt so (will let the moderators judge) -

i think you have effectively violated the terms of use:

abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

abusing, name-calling, generally trying to stir up trouble. i don't think it is very nice to call anyone a show-off or show-offer even if they do such things. after all, most images are posted up here for comments (else might as well don't post, keep on hard disk and no one will give you negative comments or do such things), just like how you comment that most of the shots in P&P are not good in your earlier thread, or the models do not seem up to standard. you didn't see anyone calling you any names there, did you?

in life, it is best to keep uniform standards. double standards are a sign of something bad. :(

己所不欲,勿施于人

3 Points:

1) This thread is not about tips&tricks, techniques, and general photography. Shouldn't it be in Kopitiam?

2) The purpose of a discussion forum is to let others participate by posting/voicing their own opinions/images. There are some individuals who like to post "showcases" of their work and get pretty nasty if someone else dares to comment - they clearly don't get the difference between a discussion forum and a gallery.

3) Taking someone else's picture, modifying it, and re-posting it without consent violates the intellectual property rights associated with the picture. As such, it is inherently a very rude thing to do.

Don't see how your example relates to your 1st statement. Totally different scenario and case....:think:

Anyway, if you have something against the person, why not pm him/her and settle it or report the post to the moderator to handle? No need to try to be obscure about it here in a new thread, where there is no head and no tail. not even sure what point you are trying to make here. This should be in kopitiam too.

To the TS look before you post, the topic does not belongs here. On the same note if you have any issue with anyone please take it offline rather than bring it in to this forum to fight your cause. Do not use CS as you battle ground.

Take this as reminder to you and all. Thank You

Thread close

Status
Not open for further replies.