Show Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that you have a host server for your image and that your host server allows hot-linking (i.e. you can link directly to the image URL to display the image), all you need to do is to type the following:

[img] http :// www . your server . com / folder / image .jpg or .gif [/img]

Hi, SzennyBoy. I wish to attach pics from my pc, then how do I do it?
Btw, I appreciate yr time in replying. Thanks. :embrass:

Fok Weng Wai said:
Hi, SzennyBoy. I wish to attach pics from my pc, then how do I do it?
Btw, I appreciate yr time in replying. Thanks. :embrass:

No can do... you must have a host server for your images to reside on... unless you've set up your PC as an actual server for access by the outside world. This will lead to other issues like server security, firewall settings, etc. You might want to check with your internet provider (especially if you have a broadband servive) if they already provide free webspace with your connection package. These normally require you to connect to the internet using their services in order to access the upload space, but once this is done you can link to the files/images anytime, anywhere.

Otherwise, sign-up with Yahoo!Geocities for their free account. it requires you to have an Yahoo! account but that is free anyway (if you don't have one already). Yahoo!Geocities will give you 15Mbytes free webspace which will allow you to upload files onto the server for gerneral access. You can even start to build your very own website on it. Mind you, because this is a free deal, your site will be subjected to adverts once it is accessed. All you need to do is follow the instructions on the page and it will take you through a step-by-step registration process. Once this is done, you simply use their upload page to upload files directly from your PC's hard-disk onto your register webspace and... lo and behold... you'll have your images stored on their server ready for posting!

*Hint - make sure you create specific folders with you account to keep it tidy. Otherwise it can get very messy and you won't remember what you've uploaded unless you start scrolling down long lists of filenames!

**Hint - Also, try to keep you image files no more than 650 pixels along the longest edge and no larger than 70-100kbytes file size. This will speed up download times and also prevent viewers from having to use the scroll bars to view your images!

Hi, SzennyBoy. I didn't know that, thought just copy & paste a pic onto the thread. Thanks very very much for the important info & appreciate yr time taken to explain to me. I'll do that. Thanks again, Mr SzennyBoy. With best wishes. :)

Also, try subscribing to clubsnap for some webspace if you need any, $60 for 100MB and $100 for 200MB. :) you can link pictures from there too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.