oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
001photob.jpg

credit: Club Capa

You can purchase it: http://www.clubcapa.net/shop/capashop/goods/goods001.html

:bigeyes: :heart: :heart: :heart:

A cool and nice accessory. :)

But at a whopping 70k yen (at least S$1.1k) before shipping!

Cool. But what if police see you walking ard with a gadget like that? Wait they thought its some kinda high tech terrorist weapon. :bigeyes: Sure kena arrest one. :bsmilie:

the next thing you see is a police sniper in your viewfinder and a Gurkha with an SMG next to you.. lol

Maybe it's okay for those who only go to birdpark and " shoot " birds..

or even maybe for those who need to go back for reservist :)

Tell your officer.. you bring your own " Gun "

lol! It may be mistaken for a scope since the shoulder mounted look similar to a rifle. You may be taken down by SOF snipers before even taken your first shot... :bsmilie:

Actually I've seen this at TCW, its in the display outside (not in main shop) together with the relics of photography

something you will not deploy for use in Afgan or Iraq ... definitely :bigeyes:

MoriMori said:
Actually I've seen this at TCW, its in the display outside (not in main shop) together with the relics of photography

The one at TCW is a russian 35mm mechanical camera with a tele lens attached and rubber hood fixed to it and a metal shoulder rest. The shutter trip mechanism is connected to the hand grip. It comes as a set.
Had a couple of sets sometime back..sold them for S$300 a piece. It's called sniper and was informed that it was manufactured for KGB agents to gather foto evidence.
Went down to Orchard mall with it one day to try out the camera...sure turn heads :)

Ok, since nobody asked: how does this setup perform compared to traditional handholding and monopod?

The monopod is better in terms of steadiness as it is resting on the ground...a solid base.
The shoulder rest is marginally better than just normal hanheld.
Any movement from your body will be also be transmitted to the rest.
To me it is quite cumbersome..easier to shoot just handheld...though the thing looks awesome and unique :eek:
It's just another good looking(to some)gitzmo to add to the photogs collection and lighten their wallets. :D

I used to have one similar to this long time ago. Sold it as it causes too much attention. People are watching everything you do. And this is before 9/11

too much xtra weight and space. also will get u the wrong attention. seriously not recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.