should we separate the buy and sell posts in marketplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtan

Jan 26, 2005
hi everyone out there seeing that marketplace is a very often visited site do you think we should separate the wtb and wts posts in marketplace to separate sites? i think it would make for easier reading and scanning for items to buy and sell something like the classified ads in straits times.

what do you all think?

A possibility. Sound out the moderator.

gtan said:
hi everyone out there seeing that marketplace is a very often visited site do you think we should separate the wtb and wts posts in marketplace to separate sites? i think it would make for easier reading and scanning for items to buy and sell something like the classified ads in straits times.

what do you all think?

yes, definatly, i thought of this about a week ago, but didnt want to post, Thanks!!! and upz for the great idea ;p

It's good for viewers but might involve much extra works behind, some old links wil be invalid, for exp

So what was the reasons for not doing it?

I thinking seperating the WTS and WTB is not as effective as seperating by BRAND. I think Canon and Nikon should have their sub forums and by filtering out this TWO brands, it will benefits Canon users, Nikon users, and ALL the rest of the world (oly, pentax, minolta) who are having a hard time finding anything in the sea of Canon/nikon posts.

The search function is still far from perfect. That is why some of the equipment subforums has a B&S link thread.

Sorry, if I sounded too demanding. Actually we are all "guests" and the above is JUST SUGGESTIONS. The B&S is great as it is already, just some things to make it better.

I believe the mods/admin are supportive of the idea, we are just awaiting the changes to be made. The topic has been discussed before. Patience my friend....

the best is to separate the 2 things, that will be much better and clearly

yup, i also agree n request moderator to seperate buy n sell market...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wind30 said:
Sorry, if I sounded too demanding. Actually we are all "guests" and the above is JUST SUGGESTIONS. The B&S is great as it is already, just some things to make it better.

I dont think we are mere guests. CS benefits from advertising so it's a mutual benefit.

I won't go so far as saying CS benefit from advertising. The cost of running the forum, given its popularity, is pretty high.

But I'm with you that members are not merely guests, but form the backbone of a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.