should we report or stop if U see someting wrong in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yqt

Sep 8, 2004
East of Singapore
I'm not too sure after this

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100106/tap-960-singpost-apologise-acts-vandalis-231650b.html

Just think, you see the guy spray painting the mail box, you tell him to stop, he don't care or tell you that he's allowed to do so, you don't believe him, call police, he try to run, you try to stop him .................... :dunno:

So, would you still stop and help if you see someone doing something wrong ion public again?

And if you did, and he/she tells you that he/she's "authorised" to do so, what would you do?

:think::think:

We should.... but it is so "troublesome" to approach the person.....

Im making a swipe at those guys who said it is too troublesome to help someone in need on razor tv.

ask them to prove their authorization.

at least in singapore vandalism is not causing a big problem. i am not saying that it is not a prb.

I'm not too sure after this

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/20100106/tap-960-singpost-apologise-acts-vandalis-231650b.html

Just think, you see the guy spray painting the mail box, you tell him to stop, he don't care or tell you that he's allowed to do so, you don't believe him, call police, he try to run, you try to stop him .................... :dunno:

So, would you still stop and help if you see someone doing something wrong ion public again?

And if you did, and he/she tells you that he/she's "authorised" to do so, what would you do?

:think::think:

don't be kay po, else will end up like the off duty policeman, beaten by the youths, cos he wanna stop one of them from smoking. a policeman without a gun is of no use.

at least in singapore vandalism is not causing a big problem. i am not saying that it is not a prb.

They can don't show you since you don't have any authorization to ask in the first place ( if you're a policeman that different lar :bsmilie: ) and even if they do show you, how can you tell if it is not a fake?

don't be kay po, else will end up like the off duty policeman, beaten by the youths, cos he wanna stop one of them from smoking. a policeman without a gun is of no use.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: agreed, want to help must also see if have the "leow" or not :bsmilie::bsmilie:

This was reported in ytd's night news on tv.

Btw, like kazee mentioned.. it's an ad initiative by singpost but the authorities raised concerns over such move.

we have no right to ask them for authorization unless you are an authority of the asset.

you can still be civic minded and inform the police. let them take it from there.

Bad decision from singpost. those who suggest, conceptualise and authorise should be caned at least once and have a police record. the artist will also need to be caned at least once and have a police record. Make them example so nobody will do this again.
Nextime someone spray the postbox and nobody heck care and then they will scream vandalism?

take photos of them and put up on stomp, true blue singaporean style :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie: agreed, want to help must also see if have the "leow" or not :bsmilie::bsmilie:

you mean.. if want to shoot photo, make sure you have telephoto lens? :bsmilie:

Bad decision from singpost. those who suggest, conceptualise and authorise should be caned at least once and have a police record. the artist will also need to be caned at least once and have a police record. Make them example so nobody will do this again.
Nextime someone spray the postbox and nobody heck care and then they will scream vandalism?

A little silly right?? The artist was just paid to do a job.... And to be honest... we are just making a fuss over a small matter. yes it created a scare cos Singaporeans not used to change or anything diff but to call for blood..... wah lau... how to be creative??

It sounds like the same line as "Sir u cannot take photo of my building..... dont ask me why I dont know why... copyrighted" as quoted by some security guards... when u are standing across the road from the building....

singpost pay ppl to spray paint their boxes...so...wats the harm? singpost themselves lose out with bad publicity mah. if ppl see something wrong, by all means, call the police. if its legit...no harm done. if its not, u;ve done a good job. no?:dunno:

take photos of them and put up on stomp, true blue singaporean style :bsmilie:

This one done-ed liow by some true blue Sing-ga-po-ren :bsmilie:.

you mean.. if want to shoot photo, make sure you have telephoto lens? :bsmilie:

Yeah what ......... shoot landscape only bring 1000mm lens? Shoot XMM only bring fisheye mounted on a 8 X 10 large format cam :confused: :sweatsm:

So given that things like this can happen, would you still stop someone in public if you see him do "something" wrong? :think:

So given that things like this can happen, would you still stop someone in public if you see him do "something" wrong? :think:

take singpost case.

there are 2 possible scenarios when i approach the sprayer:
1) he looks at me and continues spraying, then high chance he knows he's not doing anything wrong. in that case i will ask him what he's doing?

2) he looks at me, drops the can and runs like hell, then i will chase him and call the police on suspected vandalism.

:bsmilie:

there isn't anything wrong with commissioning someone to spray paint your own post boxes...its just the way it was done by the 'contractor'.

there was no indication that he was do contract work, so anyone has the right to question him on what he is doing since its public property.

its not difficult to just shout 'Oi, what you doing!?' or 'hallo, can anyhow spray meh?!' from a safe distance...else, just call 999 and report with the persons description, time and place.

i don't understand why ppl these days can take the effort to video on phone and upload to STOMP etc but cannot call police?...:dunno: isn't that the main function of a phone? make calls?

there isn't anything wrong with commissioning someone to spray paint your own post boxes...its just the way it was done by the 'contractor'.

there was no indication that he was do contract work, so anyone has the right to question him on what he is doing since its public property.

its not difficult to just shout 'Oi, what you doing!?' or 'hallo, can anyhow spray meh?!' from a safe distance...else, just call 999 and report with the persons description, time and place.

i don't understand why ppl these days can take the effort to video on phone and upload to STOMP etc but cannot call police?...:dunno: isn't that the main function of a phone? make calls?

cos they rather be internet/stomp heros.

Then this is not right. It's a very serious criminal offence to beat up a law enforcing personnel, or anyone per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.