Should we have a ShoutBox here in Clubsnap?

Should we have a Shoutbox here in Clubsnap?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsnapper

Mar 13, 2004
I am not sure if this is a taboo topic or one thats has been brought up (and/or possibly "brought down" for the matter earlier on!)

But i would still like to raise the call for having a ShoutBox in Clubsnap.
Wouldnt this is be VERY effective for on-spot conversations? unless again, this is infringing on some no-no regulations that i havent been around long enough to find out?...

Hence I would like to raise a poll herein to to gather the strength of feedback.
Pls throw in your VOTE! :think:

there's the irc chat wat.... :dunno:

Larry said:
i know i sound suaku, but what is a ShoutBox?
Its something like IRC window integrated into the forums pages.

somethings weird is going on here...we have close to 200 viewers..yet theres only 19 voters...i cant put my finger on it, but seems a lot others "have the same problem too" [think in terms of click-&-vote action]..

all that is asked here is your vote...say something that tell others you relate to this community, be it for or against, its all "in the family"...thats simple.

sincere thks :sweatsm:

bigsnapper said:
somethings weird is going on here...we have close to 200 viewers..yet theres only 19 voters...i cant put my finger on it, but seems a lot others "have the same problem too" [think in terms of click-&-vote action]
Hi bigsnapper ... can you please clarify what you mean by this statement "have the same problems too".

IMHO, better not have shout box lah. Can be volatile u know!!Now no shoutbox alreadi quite hot liao!!if shoutbox, lagi jialat!!Shoutbox may become hatebox man!!just my thoughts lah.

ShoutBox? Hmmm reminds me of SGGirls.com :D :blah: "Photo" based also! Beware that you become one, or misunderstood to be one, so its a NO.

on the "have the same problems too"?..

oh, i am just drawing earlier reference that i "cant put a finger on" why theres so few voters despite the comparatively high no. of viewers to this thread...hence postulating that many viewers may "have the same problems too" - meaning to say that theres many interested lookers but not many involved ones (doing the mouse finger click-vote action la)..

..which is the sad but true-to-life part, as if not wrongly remembered, i think someone did raised serious concerns earlier on whats this community site is becoming... [cough cough ahem]..a bigger flea market..[cough]... :sweat:

i voted no...
if you need real time conversations, there is IRC. Using a dedicated irc client like mirc is more suitable. Putting a shoutbox here would take up more server resources...i think :)

yeah...actually thats the single biggest suspect i had for a biggy no-no..taking up precious server resources..

..but somehow i felt irc is "off site", hence maybe bit "off the spirit here"?...

no pun

well i voted no becos i do surf other forums with a shoutbox and i've never seen the need to use it. just a personal opinion and experience. :)

I voted no. Don't see the reason why do you need one here. More work for mods to "police" to ensure that unnecessary incidence from happening. eg, Violent photographer who threatens with fights. (Kind of reminds me of stupid bengs with Stare what stare attitude)

kongg said:
IMHO, better not have shout box lah. Can be volatile u know!!Now no shoutbox alreadi quite hot liao!!if shoutbox, lagi jialat!!Shoutbox may become hatebox man!!just my thoughts lah.

Haha ... hi kongg; needed a makeover ... haven't changed it since the inception of CS forums. :D

My concern for the Shout Box was voiced by others ... additional bandwidth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.