Should we have a dedicated b/w section?

Do u think Clubsnap should have a dedicated b/w section?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Juz curious to know how many b/w enthusiasts are there in clubsnap and ur views on whether clubsnap should have a dedicated b/w section like what offstone and photosig do

I think when more pple go out & snap, & talk less about equipment, then we'll have more quality pics.

I shoot in both b/w and colour but tend to favour b/w as that was how I originally picked up photography formally (as in taking a course). I still have a preference for b/w and I think a b/w sub-section would be great. :)

haha just ignore Areality. i think he has a tendency to crap in threads..

As for a B&W section.. I believe that there can be B&W works in almost every field of photography.. so yeah.. choose to leave it as it is.. as a part of landscape.. abstracts.. whatever it is

Aiz... I'm not the crappiest person here... I'm actually very mild already...
But let's say I took a B&W studio portrait, where do I post it?

well thats the arguement given by the mods. But i think that b/w itself is a pretty niche category by itself so as long as the pic is in b/w it should belong there. dun have bother bout whether its a still life or portrait or watever.
furthermore, this would help those who are interested in b/w search for pics faster coz when i wanna look at b/w pics here in clubsnap i have to go thru every single thread. not very effiicient especially when sometimes pple dun indicate its a b/w pic in the title. Thats y i think its gd to have a b/w section. what do u guyz think?

Mystix said:
well thats the arguement given by the mods. But i think that b/w itself is a pretty niche category by itself so as long as the pic is in b/w it should belong there. dun have bother bout whether its a still life or portrait or watever.
furthermore, this would help those who are interested in b/w search for pics faster coz when i wanna look at b/w pics here in clubsnap i have to go thru every single thread. not very effiicient especially when sometimes pple dun indicate its a b/w pic in the title. Thats y i think its gd to have a b/w section. what do u guyz think?

If we start categorising under b/w, we'll have another clubsnapb/w. I think since b/w is not so common, having one section by itself would be alright. Anyway, people can prefix their thread with something like [protrait]nun, [abstract]sunlight or [street]old man and his bicycle ... you get the idea

i fully agree that we should have a dedicate B/W section!! :D :D

AReality said:
Aiz... I'm not the crappiest person here... I'm actually very mild already...
But let's say I took a B&W studio portrait, where do I post it?

Depending on what you want to know, the composition of the portrait, to show off the portrait pic you took ....etc etc go to portrait. If you want to know if the lighting is fine for B&W Photography, then post it in the B&W lor...

Status
Not open for further replies.