Should the Speedlight be kept in the dry cabinet too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzz

Jun 20, 2004
West area
Or it is alright to leave it outside.

Thanks. :)

hmmm.. any answers?

I don't know. But being a bit more kiasu, I even leave my batteries inside. Don't want to get worry about fungus or oxidation. Now my cabinet still have space, so why not?!

Ok. so there is a choice. :) Thank, guys.

i put everything which can fit into my dry cabinet so it will not lost ;p

except tripot, camera bag, charger......... ;p ;p

same answer as should bread be kept in the fridge..

In my dry cabinet, I have, my camera, charger, camera batteries, glasses, film (exposed), xdriveii, filters. My AAs are left outside on top of the dry cabinet, no space liao :bsmilie:

It's ok to leave the flash inside, since it's consolidated, it's easier to find it when you need it :)

Guess I have to upgrade my dry cabinet or rearrange the stuff inside. It's getting packed. :)

I've read somewhere b4 this question being asked... But that was years back either in this forum or another local photo forum...

Someone commented (a pro I think) that it's not good for the flash to be in the dry cabinet because of the low humidity on the electronics circuitry, which is different from the cameras.

I just barely remember the posting of the article... So don't quote me 100%. But anyone with further info, pls do comment as I would like to know too.

Huh ?? :confused:

How far different can the electronic in the flash compared to the camera ??

Got space I will leave it inside the cabinet, else will be in the camera bags .. :D

dry cabinet in my opinion is to fight fungus for lenses lar.. if electronics oso need dry sotrage then my calculator and computer both die liao..

Clown said:
dry cabinet in my opinion is to fight fungus for lenses lar.. if electronics oso need dry sotrage then my calculator and computer both die liao..

More than this. It reduces 'corrosion' - being lower humidity.

Clown said:
same answer as should bread be kept in the fridge..

where got people keep bread in fridge one?!?! :bsmilie: pls dont insult the bread leh..coz bread is my favourite food...i can eat bread for all 3 meals everyday..hehehe

clive said:
where got people keep bread in fridge one?!?! :bsmilie: pls dont insult the bread leh..coz bread is my favourite food...i can eat bread for all 3 meals everyday..hehehe

Aiyoh, just because you don't keep it in the fridge doesn't mean other people doesn't. In fact I just came back from holiday to find my FREEZER filled with bread by my housemate's parents... :D

Don't think should place battery there cos battery doesn't like to be warm ...

clive said:

And many ppl round the world do......

rgds,
sulhan

clive said:

haha... apparently you are a frog in the well

Status
Not open for further replies.