Should the Speedlight be kept in the dry cabinet too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolz..looks like my mother's rules of the fridge is really unique :bsmilie:

Sorry to post reply so late, but I was just reading the SB-800 manual guide and under 'Tips on Speedlight care' on page 114, it says, " Store the SB-800 in a cool dry place to prevent malfunctions due to hight humidity, as well as the growth of mold and mildew."

So I guess if temperature in the dry box is now problem, then put it in there.

still wondering, what abt flash that can zoom, don't they have some oil in it to zoom? and it seems like oil can dry up in a dry box.

~MooEy~

Short and simple.

Just dunk everything you can into the cabinet. It will be safe and it will stay safe as long as your humidity level is right. Minor flactuations are normal and will happen.

clive said:
where got people keep bread in fridge one?!?! :bsmilie: pls dont insult the bread leh..coz bread is my favourite food...i can eat bread for all 3 meals everyday..hehehe

Perhaps he hasnt seen Frozen Delifrance breads sold in NTUC for customers to buy back to re-heat.

Keeping bread in fridge extends the storage life.
Some people even freeze the bread not just keep in the fridge.

MooEy said:
still wondering, what abt flash that can zoom, don't they have some oil in it to zoom? and it seems like oil can dry up in a dry box.

~MooEy~

Firstly, I dont think all moving parts are oiled.

The humdity level in the dry cabinet shouldnt be low enough to be of a serious concern even if there is anyway. (usually 40-50%?)

The flash is likely to spoil from the constant usage (flash blub's lifespan) than the "drying up of the lubrications" inside.

i heard tt putting rechargable batt in the drybox can prevent the strength from weakening so fast le..

Status
Not open for further replies.