Should students join Public Category if there is already a Student Category

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d3d

Dec 15, 2003
Recently I join a Digital Imaging Competition 2009 organised by Gadget3 magazine.

There is a Public and Instituition (Polytechnic) Category.

Guess what!

3 Students were admitted in the Public Category. They are from Singapore Polytechnic.

The judging was conducted in Singapore Polytechnic on 4-9-2009.

The first and third prize winners are this Singapore Polytechnic students!

What a coincidence!

Any Comments.

Recently I join a Digital Imaging Competition 2009 organised by Gadget3 magazine.

Guess what!

3 Students were admitted in the Public Category. They are from Singapore Polytechnic.

What a coincidence!

Any Comments.

Singapore Polytechnic students are very good photographers :thumbsup:

Got link to show the photos or not? If not how we can make fair comments? :)

they can join both...

can't blame them if their works are better even in open category... it just means the rest are weak. or other technical issues.

Isn't that always the similar case for lots of other competitions? Nothing is fair, competitions included.

Open Category means open to all. Public Category means open to the public.

The SP students are eligible for both. I don't see the problem unless they enter the same works for both. But even that is debatable.

www.gadget3.com

BTW why not just have ONE category then? Why bother to state Public and students can join too?

I'm very confused.

dont think there is any issue if they are confident of taking on a larger pool of competitors.

like some said, photo competitions are never fair and some recent competitions' winning photos had most of the photographers say "WTF!", except for the winners themselves! :dunno:

www.gadget3.com

BTW why not just have ONE category then? Why bother to state Public and students can join too?

I'm very confused.

Normally, one would expect Open is harder to win for students, hence the student category to entice students to join. As you can see, student prizes are normally lower in value than open category.

Normally, one would expect Open is harder to win for students, hence the student category to entice students to join. As you can see, student prizes are normally lower in value than open category.

agreed, if the students win, means the judges think they are good...just like some international sports competition held in SG have open and closed categories...its to encourage more Singaporeans to take part...:)

Guess what!

What a coincidence!

Any Comments.

Hmmm....my interpretation of TS post is slightly different from the rest.

I feel he's trying to suggest the connections between the winners and SP and not so much on the open/ institution category :think:

I might be wrong. Sorry if I am.

Hmmm....my interpretation of TS post is slightly different from the rest.

I feel he's trying to suggest the connections between the winners and SP and not so much on the open/ institution category :think:

I might be wrong. Sorry if I am.

well, i'm replying to the title, not so much to the content... lol...

but if content speaking... i can't say they kelong, cos later they sue me for defamation how? :bsmilie:

well, i'm replying to the title, not so much to the content... lol...

but if content speaking... i can't say they kelong, cos later they sue me for defamation how? :bsmilie:

My last sentence in my previous post already cover my backside liao :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

this is not the first time you kb about competitions you join..

if you don't like to not win, advice is don't join.

nothing wrong if i am a student and join open, because by right, it is more challenging, i am competing against a "broader" group.

got any rule say open category students cannot join?

i thought you not joining competition anymore?

art2d3d said:
So Long I'm Migrating away from photo competition.

source

how come you never follow your own advice? :bsmilie:

take lor...............

i became senior member, so must contribute more... :devil::devil::devil:

ask Admin make u "Contributor"...more powderful than Senior Member...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.