Should sell 450d to buy 40d

vytieubaodt

Jan 31, 2010
hi all , just a question , i am using 450d , just starting used ,should i sell my 450D away since now still got a good price , to get an 40D instead ?
Thanks

hi all , just a question , i am using 450d , just starting used ,should i sell my 450D away since now still got a good price , to get an 40D instead ?
Thanks

Then are you going to sell the 40D later for something else when it can still fetch a good price? And then do the same for the next? And the next? And the next? Where does it end?

May i ask whats the reason to prompt u to sell? Have u explored with ur 450D?

If you think switching to a 40D will make your pictures better, you are wrong. Learn to use your current camera first.

Sold my 400D after getting a 2nd hand 40D.... Up to you to decide if you want to sell one to buy the other :thumbsup:

Hi TS, maybe you can tink what are the features of 40D you need which your 450D can't provide or limits you. Is it the AF, burst speed, ISO, degree of control, handling of camera, etc that you want in the 40D? Is the 450D limiting your progress? Or you have yet to fully discover your 450D? Also, as many would say, it is the lens that makes more of a difference than the body.

thanks for all ur advise , i was just thinking 40d is better than 450D , honestly i'm not fully exploring my 450D!!! Will learn fr this 450D ,cheers !!! :D

thanks for all ur advise , i was just thinking 40d is better than 450D , honestly i'm not fully exploring my 450D!!! Will learn fr this 450D ,cheers !!! :D

It is better than 450D... in some ways. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to command a higher price tag, right? But is it better in the ways that mean something to you and your photography?

better get the 40D..... you get better pics

if you want the BEST pics get the 1ds III

better get the 40D..... you get better pics

if you want the BEST pics get the 1ds III

:nono:

1ds IV already mah...

Thanks

believe me, camera buy already, sell won't get good price one.

good price is when you sell for more than you buy. the only way you do this is to buy in singapore, then fly to london and sell your 450d, maybe you can get a good price here, because cameras more expensive here.

450d takes great pictures. stop thinking of your camera as an investment, and start taking pictures - the returns are in terms of pictures, not cash.

cameras in general can only depreciate in value. your logic is quite silly, if you really think about it.

like that, i buy new car, better sell it quickly first while still have quite a nice price, even though i will lose a significant amount of the car value IMMEDIATELY. then i buy a old used car, which doesn't have a nice price. a bit boh liao right. you might as well have gone for the old used car and saved yourself the loss.

Last edited:
believe me, camera buy already, sell won't get good price one.

good price is when you sell for more than you buy. the only way you do this is to buy in singapore, then fly to london and sell your 450d, maybe you can get a good price here, because cameras more expensive here.

450d takes great pictures. stop thinking of your camera as an investment, and start taking pictures - the returns are in terms of pictures, not cash.

cameras in general can only depreciate in value. your logic is quite silly, if you really think about it.

like that, i buy new car, better sell it quickly first while still have quite a nice price, even though i will lose a significant amount of the car value IMMEDIATELY. then i buy a old used car, which doesn't have a nice price. a bit boh liao right. you might as well have gone for the old used car and saved yourself the loss.

Totally agree!
Never heard of people selling their equipment because the price is still good. Like that, might as well not have bought it in the first place.

i used 450d as a start in 08 dec. my bro was using 40D then. We put a test to it. Using tripod, same object, same speed, setting ... everything same..(room lighting) 450D wit kit lens(18-55mm), then 450D with 17-85mm USM, then 40D with kit lens then 40D wit Lens.. Pic difference alot in 450D using kit & 40D using kit len.. L Lens makes diff too, only in clearity & fine details... after that test within 3days i sold my 450D(6mths old) of a 40D(1yr+) here in cs. top up a $50(lucky for me). 40D is famous for noise reduction & proven its better than 30D & 50D. Even the "old" birds in penninsula shop. Do it now or u'll waste lots of good pics. I don do ps so i need a affortable yet good cam. :D cheers. Hope tis helps u.

I really missed my old 40D is fast cam, good iso, good handling but only the poor resolution display haiz...