Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

should photographers be standing on steps / ladders?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I think bringing a ladder is just simply inconsiderate. What if one day everyone also bring ladder? Are you going to setup a 3 meters platform? I think organiser should just ban people from bring ladder to events.

Recently at Eastpoint, during the Miss Singapore World SemiFinals, there was a group of PGs who are standing right behind the judges (who are sitting down), and they actually stand on the ladders and block everyone behind.

Why use a ladder when it is not necessary as there is no one blocking in front?

They forget to bring their brains?:thumbsd:

Recently at Eastpoint, during the Miss Singapore World SemiFinals, there was a group of PGs who are standing right behind the judges (who are sitting down), and they actually stand on the ladders and block everyone behind.

Guess they wanted to be on viewfinder level shooting them contestants :)

I think bringing a ladder is just simply inconsiderate. What if one day everyone also bring ladder? Are you going to setup a 3 meters platform? I think organiser should just ban people from bring ladder to events.
erm, any ladder gang people reading this?

If they want to be at a certain height when taking the pictures, fair enough. But they should stand back one row and leave a room for pple to stand in front, instead of hogging the front row with their ladders and block everyone behind.. If someone who came later wanna put a ladder and stand in front of them, they can politely tell the person that the space is for pple w/o ladders.

Actually, the stage is only about 0.5m high.. just standing alone on the front row can easily get full body shots of the contestants w/o anyone blocking as the judges are all seated.

Guess they wanted to be on viewfinder level shooting them contestants :)

Woohoo .... Lets bring out the TLC (Tables, Ladders and Chairs) ... Time to Rumble in WWE style. There is no point complaining here since most of the ppl who use ladders at event "WILL" still be using it. If not happy, then confront them on the spot. No point talking here where everyone still hid behind the monitor screen and jump or laughting or wondering over this.

ladder gang!
oyay!:devil: small fly meet BIG FLY(whoever they are). fashion show shooters can form the great wall(ladder) of pg/sg; moi seldom shoot these, more on celebrities where hv to deal with raising hands taking photos, banners etc.

ya, dunno why. maybe dun want to shoot nostril hair(if any). there was 1 celebrity event that i reached so early that no one has arrived yet and so by right occupied the best possible front location but the stage was so near that in the end i stand at the last barricade and letting others to occupy my location.

Woohoo .... Lets bring out the TLC (Tables, Ladders and Chairs) ... Time to Rumble in WWE style. There is no point complaining here since most of the ppl who use ladders at event "WILL" still be using it. If not happy, then confront them on the spot. No point talking here where everyone still hid behind the monitor screen and jump or laughting or wondering over this.
yup. recently i was late for an event, so was standing quite far behind. when it's about to start, saw someone directly in front of me on a ladder but it was a bit too late to relocate. i cant complain anything since i still 'shamingly' noe the phrase 己所不欲,勿施于人. but then i wont tolerate someone later than me and then squeezing in in front of me.

moi strive to be an "ethical ladder-er" by
1) on 1st step instead of 2nd step of ladder(not sure will help)
2) step down from ladder for a while(if got space to come down)
3) helping my surrounding ppl to take photo
4) letting my surrounding ppl used my ladder for a while
5) if standing ard the middle of the crowds, and if the crowd thinned, maintained at current position, provided hv a good view.

The issue isn't so much of using or not using ladders, but how the ladder is being used. :)

What sort of ladder should you use though?

If they become more popular maybe Nikon and Canon will start making their own ladders. Who'd want to be seen using anything less than an L-Ladder then.

:p

talking of ladders, where can I get them? and roughly how much is one? those two step ones...

Nice postings..... some useful information sharing.To know more about printers & Publishers
click [spam post edited]Print on demand[/URL]

Err ... we are discussing the topic in the same frequency?

Last edited:
talking of ladders, where can I get them? and roughly how much is one? those two step ones...
You are planning to join the Ladder gang?

The Stationary Store at the Funan 2nd floor should have those that might interest you.

You are planning to join the Ladder gang?

The Stationary Store at the Funan 2nd floor should have those that might interest you.
oh, thanks a lot. but that stationary store generally is more ex... think I'll just pop by for a look...

why not use stilts instead?
You can step over people and don't need to keep climbing down to shift position if the need arises.

The laddle clan wil never stand behind ,in fact they will set up their laddle in the front row and have no shame about it

The laddle clan wil never stand behind ,in fact they will set up their laddle in the front row and have no shame about it

Er..you mean ladder and not laddle.Laddle is a kitchen tool where you scoop up soup
or stir cooking in a pot.:)

Anyway it's kinda common and in the norm to see photogs carrying them around to
events nowadays..really can't do much.

Er..you mean ladder and not laddle.Laddle is a kitchen tool where you scoop up soup
or stir cooking in a pot.:)

Anyway it's kinda common and in the norm to see photogs carrying them around to
events nowadays..really can't do much.

We, as a community should put pressure on them. If everytime they stand on ladder and block others, we shoot and post them on the net.

Sooner or later, we MIGHT win. ;p