Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshii

Deregistered
Mar 23, 2009
Should I give up my Canon 1000D which I just bought?:dunno:

hi

give up totally or in exchange of another model?

Cheers
Shaz

hi

give up totally or in exchange of another model?

Cheers
Shaz

To give up cos I do not know how to use. =(
My friend still ask me buy 450D. Can't manage 1000D liao

If you can't manage the 1000D you can't manage the 450D either.

Maybe you just need to accept that you're not ready for a DSLR, and go back to using a compact cam.

hi

well. you have a choice. either read up and learn how to manage it or like wat Rashkae said. go back to compact cam.

Cheers
Shaz

should do more readings if you wish to learn how to use it well, or can just set the camera mode to AUTO.

join us for shoot and we guide u along lor...

U can also ask ur query in 1000D thread..

me also first time using DSLR, last time uses PNS nia.

However, I still managed w/out really goin through the manual..
:bsmilie:

Read THIS and your camer manual. Don't give up!

You have to be committed to improvement. You're not gonna take magazine cover quality photos right when you start. No one does. Like everything else in life, photography takes time, practice, patience, and willingness to learn. The sooner you are comfortable being a beginner, the sooner you can start to get better. You will get frustrated, set that feeling aside, use it as a tool, apply it towards self-improvement. You will be discouraged, try to learn from it.

Another thing: A pro with a $100 digicam can probably take better photos than a newbie with a $12K D3X. The tool is secondary to skill and experience.

I said that all without being insulting. So proud of myself.

Last edited:
Come on, don't give up yet. :eek: I also see my picture deteriorating after switching to DSLR, but after some practice, it climbed back to PnS level. And recently one of my regular "model" mentioned that the latest series of pics are much better than anything before.

It may take time, but its well worth the effort. :)

if you try hard enough, you can get better low light photos than the 450d, given the better sensor of 1000d.
use some semi-auto modes for starters.

Last edited:
if you can't handle a 1000d, i guess it be more harder as it progesses.

you need to folk out time, money and patience learning the curves of handling a dslr.

Yup...better cameras give and easier to get good pics.
Just be careful not to get the pro cams. Those have no auto.

I say, go ahead and buy.

Regards

what you are going through is a learning curve.

dun be disheartened. shoot more. be more daring and try out more settings. if cannot, set to auto and shoot, and review the settings, so you will roughly know how what settings to set for locations like that.

its normal. but if you are a quitter, just sell away your camera. the money can be better used elsewhere.

haha dun worry so much, u'll definitely get better as u shoot more, learn more

eye for photography shld be able to be trained.. get more exposure n progress along with tat

Dear Threadstarter,
As Geoff Ang said last Saturday...PRACTICE....PRACTICE......PRACTICE....!!!!

Read THIS and your camer manual. Don't give up!

You have to be committed to improvement. You're not gonna take magazine cover quality photos right when you start. No one does. Like everything else in life, photography takes time, practice, patience, and willingness to learn. The sooner you are comfortable being a beginner, the sooner you can start to get better. You will get frustrated, set that feeling aside, use it as a tool, apply it towards self-improvement. You will be discouraged, try to learn from it.

Another thing: A pro with a $100 digicam can probably take better photos than a newbie with a $12K D3X. The tool is secondary to skill and experience.

I said that all without being insulting. So proud of myself.

Hi! This is very useful & hopefully it will help me. Thanks a lot! :D

set everything to auto and see if it helps? start with day photos first. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.