Should i?

Should i quit smking so i can buy a DSLR?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
This poll is for someone. He can only get a DSLR if he quit smoking, a condition stipulated by a dear one, so should this person do so?

PS: This is not abt me since i don't smoke. :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Oei, who voted "No"? ;(

not me - i vote yes. If u r talking about saving money - better dun smoke cos if kena cancer - the health costs will be substantial - can buy a couple of DSLRS

dun mean to sound callous but that's a hard truth we've got out there

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

not me - i vote yes. If u r talking about saving money - better dun smoke cos if kena cancer - the health costs will be substantial - can buy a couple of DSLRS

dun mean to sound callous but that's a hard truth we've got out there

By the same token, if you friend can control his expenditure and lust over the hobby (hey, don't expect him to stop upon acquiring the camera body!) and still spend sufficient quality with the family, then I'd certainly encourage him! It'll gonna be a win-win. Fyi, contrary to common beliefs, I have actually successfully discouraged some of my friends from picking up photography! :devil:

Originally posted by AdamGoi

(hey, don't expect him to stop upon acquiring the camera body!)

that's a very very valid point!!!!!

Originally posted by e_liau
..Smoking is a poor man enjoyment. If I can't get a DSLR, I might as well smoke my life away, cos there's no point living in this world without my DSLR.. <just a joke>

Smoking is bad for health. Thank you.

:p

I quit smoking... still no DSLR.... :rolleyes:

On second thought... who needs a DSLR when I have my ciggies and Sony F707.... buahahaha! :devil:

The DSLR can be an incentive to stop smoking, then once he/she gets enough money to buy the DSLR, it should be long enough for him/her not to touch another ciggie again.
... If he/she is determined enough, that is.

what has smoking got to do with SLR? I can suspect 2 ppl who voted NO... defendants? LOL

quit smoking is not equal to quit eating bubble gum.

how long have your friend being smoking ??

Originally posted by ninelives

yeah lor.... not like nikon's VR lenses are cheap u know, once he stops smoking...

Remember - smokers getting DSLR. Smoke and CCD/CMOS DO NOT GO WELL TOGETHER!!

So, quit smoking first.

Imagine the amount of money you've spent on those cigarettes over the years, could possibly get you a 1Ds liao.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ninelives

He has being smoking since pri 6. I think.

I'll vote "NO". He should quit smoking NOT because he can get a DSLR as a result, but because he knows it'll be good for him, good for his loved ones around him, and good for his children (if he has any).

The smoker has a very fierce wife also... wife force him to choose one.

Poor husband, Rich wife.

Poor man.... :cry:

Originally posted by Klause
The smoker has a very fierce wife also... wife force him to choose one.

Poor husband, Rich wife.

Poor man.... :cry:

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.