Should I upgrade?


Status
Not open for further replies.

AngKuGuay

New Member
Aug 30, 2004
65
0
0
Western Singapore
#1
Hi guys,

Been using my D70 with kit lens for the past half a year or so. Recently I've begun to combine my new found love for photography with my long time passion for motorcycles. I found that I enjoyed taking shots of fast moving bikes in md corner. But one nagging issue I personally feel is that I can't seemed to get close enough for my own liking. I've attached a few examples here and more could be found in my gallery http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/13090

example 1


example 2


The question I have is, should I upgrade my lens to a higher powered one? And if so, any recommendations? Price wise should be less than 1k if possible but if there are any lesser than that, I'm willing to consider too. Advise anyone?
 

user111

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,702
0
36
#2
u need more than $1k.

for this motorsport and your d70 combo, recommend u the AFS 300mm f4 (which goes for between 1 and 2 $k) since the AFS80-200 and AFS-70-200 both are $2k+ lens
 

bip916

New Member
May 16, 2004
718
2
0
Bedok South
#3
I think you need 70~200 mm lens
Try sigma 70~200mm f2.8 HSM .... If you're lucky you can get it below $1k for a 2nd lens. Fast & sharp lens.

BTW what bike are you riding now?
I used to ride sport bike till year 2000 but now need to retire :cry:
 

bip916

New Member
May 16, 2004
718
2
0
Bedok South
#5

AngKuGuay

New Member
Aug 30, 2004
65
0
0
Western Singapore
#6
user111 said:
u need more than $1k.

for this motorsport and your d70 combo, recommend u the AFS 300mm f4 (which goes for between 1 and 2 $k) since the AFS80-200 and AFS-70-200 both are $2k+ lens
Thanks for the info! But I just went to ikon Sg website and the price they state is much more than you claim... where can I find places that sell at the price you mentioned?
 

AngKuGuay

New Member
Aug 30, 2004
65
0
0
Western Singapore
#8
bip916 said:
I think you need 70~200 mm lens
Try sigma 70~200mm f2.8 HSM .... If you're lucky you can get it below $1k for a 2nd lens. Fast & sharp lens.

BTW what bike are you riding now?
I used to ride sport bike till year 2000 but now need to retire :cry:
Hmmm... Thanks for the info... where can I find reputable shops in Singapore carrying Sigma lenses?

I'm not riding a sports bike now, currently on a very friendly cub. :bsmilie:
Will be getting a sports bike sometime end of this year. budget too tightfor the time being... :dunno:
 

AngKuGuay

New Member
Aug 30, 2004
65
0
0
Western Singapore
#9
wainism said:
u can try CP
Well, went there once, the marina branch sometime ago... they seemed quite unfriendly. Maybe it was the way I dressed? Or maybe I was not lugging my camera that day?
 

poohbear

Senior Member
Aug 11, 2004
1,163
0
0
Sengkang
#10
AngKuGuay said:
Thanks for the info! But I just went to ikon Sg website and the price they state is much more than you claim... where can I find places that sell at the price you mentioned?
that is the RRP ... street price are normally 20% cheaper ....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom