Should I upgrade to 580EX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a short answer for u would be LS is better than OB. hee

Wa.. answer not specific leh... so won't be helpful for him :sweat:
I think it is easy to answer if you analyze the bowl.. the clear LS throws more light forward as compared to the omni.. and the top dome acts similarly to the omni... soften/diffuse the light and prevent hash shadow from the bounce light if you have a low ceiling... They have recently come out with reflector which can slot into the LSII.. much like a "White-card" effect... and then there is also Orange dome..

Best is to borrow one and try it out and compare the results yourself ;)

Wa.. answer not specific leh... so won't be helpful for him :sweat:
I think it is easy to answer if you analyze the bowl.. the clear LS throws more light forward as compared to the omni.. and the top dome acts similarly to the omni... soften/diffuse the light and prevent hash shadow from the bounce light if you have a low ceiling... They have recently come out with reflector which can slot into the LSII.. much like a "White-card" effect... and then there is also Orange dome..

Best is to borrow one and try it out and compare the results yourself ;)

thanks for better summary~~ + LS can also disperse in 360 degrees, reduces harsh shadows, make flash invisible.. 1 more LS called cloud n e other called clear version.

thanks for better summary~~ + LS can also disperse in 360 degrees, reduces harsh shadows, make flash invisible.. 1 more LS called cloud n e other called clear version.

OB also can disperse in 360º...

Anyway I have used both before, and currently I have sold off the Stofen as I found it unsatisfactory under a wide range of usage (well, this is compared to the Lightsphere).

In portrait orientation, sometimes you will still get the harsh shadows behind your subject. The only time when I find that the Stofen shines is when I am in a very small room with many white walls/ceiling.

Other than that, the LS has fulfilled all of my creative flash needs (aside from directional lighting, like when i bounce flash off a wall for side-lighting. Then, I won't use anything that throws light forward).

Hope this is not OT..

Does anybody know when the 580-II will be available and the price? Heard shops are stop selling 580-I already. I don't mind getting the 580-I at discounted price too..:D

Hope this is not OT..

Does anybody know when the 580-II will be available and the price? Heard shops are stop selling 580-I already. I don't mind getting the 580-I at discounted price too..:D

not realli discounted prices.. 580ex-I price is still pretty controlled.. 2nd hand may be slightly cheaper than 1st hand..

Hope this is not OT..

saw a few giving up their 580-I at B&S.. Mai tu leow :bsmilie:

Hunting begins now.... :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.