Should i upgrade my mac os to Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingaConnect

Sep 22, 2007
Bukit Panjang
Is there any significant performance advantage for Leopard compare to tiger? Should i upgrade?

bro, why don't you simply check apples homepage, it'll tell you the differences and there is a quicktime clip... :bigeyes:

You should wait a few weeks until 10.5.1 is available but if you have an Intel-based Mac, you'll definitely see a performance boost since Apple have had some time to get things right.

Those of us with PowerPC-based machines will also see a (smaller) performance boost but right now, I can tell you that Leopard is both sluggish and irritating, even though it seems very stable.

TMC: Cheetah was Mac OS X version 10.0. ;)

IMHO, if you are using an older ppc system, you will see a slight performance speedup, but not worth the upgrade.

End user inputs are better

It boots up faster than Tiger, loads Safari, Mail and Firefox faster. Lots of small improvements which I find very useful. For bigger improvements, I like Stacks and Spaces, find them useful. So far, mine is very stable. :thumbsup:

You should. Leopard is 64 bit top to bottom.

Personally I don't feel any speed advantage.

I would call this the eye candy version.

:cool:

They rebuilt the virtual memory system again, so it should be faster and return inactive memory to free more quickly and eventually, provide a good performance increase for everyone.

Apple have already seeded a second version of the 10.5.1 update to developers so hopefully it will be available before the end of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.