Should I switch to Pentax?

Iliveinalightbox

Jul 7, 2011
Hi guys, i am an amateur photographer and I am deciding whether to switch to Pentax from C@*0n. I shoot landscapes often and am unsure about the lenses Pentax offers. The reasons I am interested to switch is the more reasonable pricing and underdog factor :)

Switching just for the underdog factor???:dunno:

Because my friends often laugh about Pentax and i know its a darn good brand hence I would like to prove them wrong :)

that's cos your friends haven't realized the power of P.:bsmilie:

Yeah! May i know if there are Wideangle lens for Pentax that is particularly sharp?

Because my friends often laugh about Pentax and i know its a darn good brand hence I would like to prove them wrong :)

Better make sure you gotz teh mad skillz or you'll be sullying Pentax name. :bsmilie:

that's cos your friends haven't realized the power of P.
You mean "P" mode right? :bsmilie:

Is the DA 16-45 F4 good? compared to primes?

The best medicine to help your friends for stop laughing is to use PENTAX.:cool:

All dSLR camreas are good enough for amateurs, just go with whatever pleasing you the most, not the one pleasing your friends the most..

Hi guys, i am an amateur photographer and I am deciding whether to switch to Pentax from C@*0n. I shoot landscapes often and am unsure about the lenses Pentax offers. The reasons I am interested to switch is the more reasonable pricing and underdog factor :)

From my point of view, reasonable pricing is a null point. Why? You have already invested some amount of money in Canon, I suspect. So you stand to make a loss.

For underdog factor, I don't see how that can be a plus point. Like it or not, the underdog factor often works to the user's disadvantage.

I could make a list of why you could go Pentax; things like having in-body stabilization with all lenses mounted are a huge plus point, that and the tested and proven weather sealing... Also the huge array of prime lenses available to you if that's your cup of tea. With a great range of third party lenses that are really good today, I don't really think "pricing" amongst brands is a huge factor... You do get a lot of bang for buck with a Pentax body, nonetheless.

Honestly, for anyone who laughs about a brand, it shows a blatant lack of knowledge and know-how.

I don't laugh at anyone because they use some old brand, some brand perceived as useless. If even plastic cameras can produce beautiful photographs, gear is often not the limiting factor in most cases.

The fact that your friends are laughing about Pentax just shows their ignorance, why should you care about ignorant people's viewpoints? :)

there is no point changing for the sake of change and there's even less point to change just to rub it in your friend's face.

for the wide angle offerings, the first party offering is the DA10-17 fisheye, the DA12-24 and the DA15.

3rd party offerings includes the tamron 8-16 and the sigma 10-20.

most of us here are happy pentax users. the equipment serves our needs and we like what we have.

buy if u know that it'll help u take better pictures. otherwise, don't waste time and money.

can try pentax 15mm for small package

or 12-24 for more flexibility.

I am sure our landscape guru edutilos can share more!

"All camera are good camera if you use it to take photo .

If you buy and put inside dry cabinet or camera bag , then it's a bad camera regardless how expensive or which brand . "

This is what I always tell my friend whenever they ask me for advice .

But I do promote Pentax if they are interested in our brand :)

Though I am a Pentax user, to be honest ... If you have already invested in Canon why switch? You are going to lose money. But then again, that's up to you.