Should I seperate the Fungus lens with others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1808

Nov 22, 2008
West
Hi All,

1 of my lens kana Fungus....currently I am keeping it together with my others lens + camera all in the same dry box. Is it ok to keep it together?

Technically, your lens / dry cabinet are coated with resilient fungal spores since the day they are made, waiting for the right condition to grow. They are all over you.

But psychologically, i feel better seperating them

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

OK...I will "quarantine" it! :devil: but...where should I put it then? :bigeyes:

Currently I using dry box (not sure how big is it) but I knew it just too too small for all my equip now. :sweat:

2 body (film camera)
1 body (DSLR - just bought)
4 lens (included above mentioned fungus lens)
some filters

P.S. just read 1 of your thread "Singapore Wander" I like it very much :D

Hi Ryan,

OK...I will "quarantine" it! :devil: but...where should I put it then? :bigeyes:

Currently I using dry box (not sure how big is it) but I knew it just too too small for all my equip now. :sweat:

2 body (film camera)
some filters

P.S. just read 1 of your thread "Singapore Wander" I like it very much :D

Thx :)

I dun have any fungused lens ( yet )
You planning to send it for cleaning before condemning it ?

Ryan

No difference...

I kept a few inside before... no harm done to the others

Thx :)

I dun have any fungused lens ( yet )
You planning to send it for cleaning before condemning it ?

Ryan

Not sure if wants to send for cleanning or not....heard that service $ is very expensive:cry:
That "suay" lens is tokina 28mm - 200mm.....

I think I better spent the $ on a dry cabinet first, :embrass: Athough I got lots of equips (many many years ago bought it, dont ask me why I bought it but never or seldom use them? I also dont know haha) but now then I want to start learn photo shooting...need to master some macro skill first. So this 28mm-200mm I think not really will use it yet.

Now, should keep everythings together in that dry box first ba. :sweat:

Headache =.= must find place to put the dry cabinet too if want to buy....(poor me..whenever getting new things....must throw out something...to get the space :sticktong)

Last edited:
seperate. just like how sick ppl are being quarantined.

Thanks all for the concern~:embrass:

Btw, is a dry cabinet heavy? Can it be transport by taxi? Thinking of getting it alone by myself...("big-size" Hua Mu-Lan") dont know can support or not ;p

Ohya, the electrical dry cabinet is it come with a single plug only?

Btw, is a dry cabinet heavy? Can it be transport by taxi? Thinking of getting it alone by myself...("big-size" Hua Mu-Lan") dont know can support or not ;p

if you buying the 30L, take MRT also can, buy bigger one can ask them to deliver

The weight depends on the size of the cabinet. I have a 80 litre one and I can still carry it. Get a trolley for ease...

and yes, single plug only.

A taxi is sufficient. Don't worry about it.

If it really bothers you, place the lens with fungus in a separate dry box or some other container with silica gel. A dry box will set you back for say about S$16-S$20 I believe.

okie okie~ thanks all :D

Is time to do some research on dry cabinet before I go buy hehehe.

Is 30L enough for the below?
2 body (film camera)
some filters

btw, putting in dry cabinet is it much more convience then putting in a dry box? I mean like you can put in or take out the equips to use more easy then....you know, if all things like mine now all squeeze into 1 small dry box...when ever I thinking of taking the camera out I'm abit headache, because need to get all filters off ontop of the camera before I can take then camera and lens. :sticktong and It really make me so "sian".....

Let's see.. if you use body caps and not lenses on the cameras, you can squeeze a few together on one rack. Leaving the other rack for the lenses.

Yes, it can be done.

But if you intend to expand later on and get more gear, consider getting a bigger dry cabinet.

It might be overly conjested inside. I am using a 30L digicabi and have

1 DSLR
2 Lenses (1 inside - kit lens + 1 coming soon - telezoom)
1 compact cam
Filters
Memory Cards
Lens hood
Batteries

It looks just nice for now.. If I BBB again, then ho seh, nid a new dry cabi.. :eek:

It might be overly conjested inside. I am using a 30L digicabi and have

1 DSLR
2 Lenses (1 inside - kit lens + 1 coming soon - telezoom)
1 compact cam
Filters
Memory Cards
Lens hood
Batteries

It looks just nice for now.. If I BBB again, then ho seh, nid a new dry cabi.. :eek:

Hehehe ;p RyanG go BBB again lah then get a new dry cabi and your current 30L one can sell to me :lovegrin: Joking~

Yours current dry cabi bought from where? brand? and price? Not sure which one to get :think:

Let's see.. if you use body caps and not lenses on the cameras, you can squeeze a few together on one rack. Leaving the other rack for the lenses.

Yes, it can be done.

But if you intend to expand later on and get more gear, consider getting a bigger dry cabinet.

I think is enough right now if I get a dry cabi then the Fungus lens + filters can put in current dry box, so left with 3 lens and 3 bodys, bo $ to buy more lens or others additional things haha..because I bough my D90 last week. Ohya! Forget I also want to buy extension tube for macro shooting !!!

Consider a dedicated macro lens, easier to use....

Hi Zac08, well I already got a macro lens but just want to have extension tube so can get closer picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.