Should I sell my F707 and get a D30/similar?

So should I change?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kit
Btw, there is no doubt that digital cameras allow users more flexibility in experimenting but doing the click and delete thingy is counter productive if you don't really understand what's going on.

On the other hand, if you think through your shots, consider and compose your shots carefully e.g. not being trigger happy, film can be sustainable as well. Wastage will be reduced.

Actually, my school's assignments are these like sports events, etc, so actually sometimes I have to be a bit trigger happy to get a good shot, cos sometimes the speed of the action does not allow me to think out each shot properly. I just in the proper position, quickly frame, shoot a few (if the event is significant). Else that moment will be lost forever.

Originally posted by Zoomer

Nope, its just that I won't even try to take at all...and maybe miss a good shot cos hesistating "is this a good shot?" rolling about in my mind.

Wai: D30 is still so ex??? Thought D60 should push its price down??

Then by all means get it. Seems like you've already made up your mind and just wanted somebody to give you the extra "push" which is evident in this thread. You won't be happy with anything less I would say. Good luck.

Originally posted by kamwai

ya..pushed down already...before D60 launch, a new D30 is abt $4k

Hmm...wah lao so ex....could it be because D60 is not really avaliable easily?
I just got an offer for $2300 (thru PM), thinking about it. :)

Never knew clubsnap got such high readership.

Btw, when is this years convention? Cos sony introduced the f707 2 years ago at that meet, will they announce a new one this year? (if so better sell off asap :D)

Originally posted by Kit

Then by all means get it. Seems like you've already made up your mind and just wanted somebody to give you the extra "push" which is evident in this thread. You won't be happy with anything less I would say. Good luck.

Actually, I was asking for input to see if it is worth it. Also hoping to get input from wai cos he walked the same path as I did.

I do not have a lot of disposable income, so I will need to save money for this. Hopefully this will be a nice cool-down period to shake me off from being bankrupt before 21...:D

Originally posted by Kit

Seems like you've already made up your mind and just wanted somebody to give you the extra "push" which is evident in this thread.

Zoomer, want any hands on? come come, take my D30 and try, u will love it... :devil:

BUY :devil: BUY :devil: BUY :devil:

Zoomer, want any hands on? come come, take my D30 and try, u will love it... :devil:

You are evil. :p
If I have the chance to try...SURE!!! :D

Btw, for your butterfly shot in your sig...
"Canon 250D Close up Lens and B-300 1.7x Teleconvertor"
250D Closeup Lens + teleconverter?

Can do it this way?

its a paradox and a catch 22 thingie, about the prices of our beloved digicam falling and digital SLR more and more affordable to the masses.

I agree to 'quickly' dispose of the 707 before it falls further and save for the D30 or other DSLR and lens.

:devil: Do you want to try my EOS 1D? :devil:

:devil: Buy the D30... :devil:

:)

Btw, for your butterfly shot in your sig...
"Canon 250D Close up Lens and B-300 1.7x Teleconvertor"
250D Closeup Lens + teleconverter?

Can do it this way?

you need a macro lens, such as 100mm Macro USM, Megaweb using this lens

cost abt $1k (correct me if i am wrong)

i can use my 50mm + extension tube for macro, but that tube alone cos $80+ already (3rd part brand somemore)....however the focus distance will be fixed. the result should be much better if u use a delicated macro lens, if i remember correctly, i can shoot as near as 10cm with that 100mm, whereas with a 50mm + extension tube, the distance is abt <20cm

you need a macro lens, such as 100mm Macro USM, Megaweb using this lens

cost abt $1k (correct me if i am wrong)

i can use my 50mm + extension tube for macro, but that tube alone cos $80+ already (3rd part brand somemore)....however the focus distance will be fixed. the result should be much better if u use a delicated macro lens, if i remember correctly, i can shoot as near as 10cm with that 100mm, whereas with a 50mm + extension tube, the distance is abt <20cm

Erm, not now, please. Maybe next time when I'm working and have no wife. :D

What would be a low/reasonable/good price to sell my 707? :)
Together with my B+W 58mm UV filter, 128mb memory stick, included 16mb mem stick.

Together with my B+W 58mm UV filter, 128mb memory stick, included 16mb mem stick.

you may wish to keep your UV filter...i made a mistake when i sold my 707 last time...ie. sell away the filter as well...i should have keep it

btw, what lenes are u going to get?

hmm...Presently the price of F707 is $1500. I agree with kamwai that you should keep your filter. You will need it one of these days.

With the memory stick, if camera is still under warranty, a good price to sell would be $1100. What do the rest think?

TCW S1 Pro at $2.2k.... so if buy direct from seller, looking at under $2k already.

Originally posted by mylau
:devil: Do you want to try my EOS 1D? :devil:

:devil: Buy the D30... :devil:

:)

haha can i try and not Return it?

hmm...Presently the price of F707 is $1500. I agree with kamwai that you should keep your filter. You will need it one of these days.

With the memory stick, if camera is still under warranty, a good price to sell would be $1100. What do the rest think?

Hey, its under warrenty, and in very good condition also.

Only worth $1100? Sure or not? :eek:

You can't expect a 2nd hand f707 to be sold at 1300 or 1400 when a brand new set can be bought at 1500 right?

Originally posted by eadwine

haha can i try and not Return it?

of course you can!! 10 years later when I do not want my 1D anymore, you can always come and try it and take it home!! You are welcome!

:) :)

You can't expect a 2nd hand f707 to be sold at 1300 or 1400 when a brand new set can be bought at 1500 right?

Oh, okay.
Maybe I'll try my luck first. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.