Not open for further replies.

infusia

Dec 9, 2005
.. bring my D50 to Poland (Biz trip)?
Its -20 to 30deg there now.
I've heard that with temp of this, the camera sometimes will freeze to work
or i might even spoil it.
any advise?

I have read somewhere (other forums) where the Nikon DSLR does operate in such adverse conditions. I guess if you take the "necessary precautions" - such as keeping it warm under your jacket until actual usage, ... taking care of condensation issues when moving from a cold to a warm room..., etc - you should be OK.

You already probably know but the drain on the battery would be a bigger factor to consider. Notwithstanding this, Nikon would probably SAY NO!

All the best and good luck!

guess if you take the "necessary precautions" - such as keeping it warm under your jacket until actual usage, ... taking care of condensation issues when moving from a cold to a warm room..., etc - you should be OK. <-- thats the area i'm afraid. cos when work load gets higher, u tend to neglect the camera.

Why does the drain of batt is a bigger factor to consider? i've change the batt to the D200 one(EN-EL3). its of a higher mAh then the D50 one.

Since Nikon would say NO, i'd say NO too... hahaha

think goin to dig out my Canan S40 for this trip...

Be it the D50 or your S40, the battery's gonna drain real fast. Batteries don't do well in cold weather (believe me... I have experienced it).

I, too, had a S50 some years ago; equipped with 3 original batteries. Under cold conditions (below 5-10C - just an estimate), each battery lasted for about 10-20 shots... and I've taken all the precautions to keep them warm and not using the zoom and LCD screen much.

oh gosh.. really..
i dun even hav a spare batt...
sheesh.. then i think i'll skip on the photography and concentrate on work then

infusia said:
oh gosh.. really..
i dun even hav a spare batt...
sheesh.. then i think i'll skip on the photography and concentrate on work then
Always good to have a back-up battery. You never know when you need it, just like a spare SD card, etc.

Anyway, bring the D50 along. Having that 10 good shots is better than none. Enjoy yourself during your business trip.

To the thread-starter:

The previous comments above are very valid. Get yourself some spare batteries and bring along your gear.

It's not often someone goes to Eastern Europe and it's also true that those little shots you managed to squeeze out of your batteries could reward you with images you would treasure for life...

Big Belly said:
Ever consider bring a manual film camera, if you have one?

Ah! That's a good one;) Pardon me. Almost forgot that one.

Guess our friend is already in "Freezerland".

Oh, he's off for his trip already ah?
In that case, the only pictures he can take now is what he sees ... and remembers ;)
There's only one BIG problem, he can't churn those out in print! ;p

infusia said:
.. bring my D50 to Poland (Biz trip)?
Its -20 to 30deg there now.
I've heard that with temp of this, the camera sometimes will freeze to work
or i might even spoil it.
any advise?

under warranty or not?

be sure to tape up any metal parts on either cameras. you don't want pieces of your face stuck on it.

it is advisable to read up on photo-taking under such an environment.

hi all, thanks for all the replies.
Well, i didn't get to go as the air tickets went up and the company postponed the trip.
I'm just too scared to hurt this baby
I guess i'll stick to bringing my Canon S40
:)

bring your d50 there, depends on weather la. else put in hotel room.
why need to consider so much..

scared leh... i ask alot of my frenz using D50/70/70s
all say better not... will spoil the lens and body etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.