Should i make a move on Canon 450D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzio

Oct 15, 2008
450D,
is it good enough?

I have been planning to buy my first DSLR.
My mind is stuck with two camera's,
that is canon 450D and nikon D60.

My budget is fine,
but which one?
I dont want to regret buying the wrong one.
THANKS.:)

As has been recommended 10,000,000 times before... Hold them in your hand, test them, use them. Then go with your gut instinct.

haha, second that. well, ultimately, the camera is urs to own, n not ours. so to each his own yeah.

by saying it as 'buying the wrong one' may be quite sensitive to some, cos i dun believe there's such a thing as a "wrong" camera in photography.

Last edited:
450D,
is it good enough?

My budget is fine,
but which one?

A very common question ppl will always ask.Well personally i would say Canon & Nikon makes really good quality DSLR but when it comes to a choice between this two, is best you go down to a retailer and try both of them hands-on.
From there you can really have the feel of the camera itself and you can determine by then with it more suitable for you (eg: weight,size & features).Play around with the features on both cam and find out which one is more user friendly to you.:)

Good Luck

Check the technical specs as well. Nikon D60 can mount all Nikon lenses but cannot do AF will all of them, Manual Focus works well. Check the technicals in the Nikon section here. See if this point is relevant for you.
We can discuss a lot of stuffs here - but it's your decision. You might want to read older threads in this forum to see what other people have already commented (many times...)

I was talking to another Clubsnap shooter yesterday and he was telling me about differences in color captured between the Canon and the Nikon.

So go to a shop and try to shoot 1 or 2 pictures (make sure you adjusted your white balance) and see which you prefer.

Or you can rent them and try which one you like more...;)

Is it true that canon has expensive bodies but cheaper lens? And nikon is cheaper bodies but expensive lens?

Is it true that canon has expensive bodies but cheaper lens? And nikon is cheaper bodies but expensive lens?

What matters most is which gives you the pictures you're happy with...

450D is better than D60 hands down. But more expensive.

To summarise,

450D wins by

Having autofocusing on cheap prime lenses
More AF points in viewfinder.
Auto eye detection so don't have to press extra button to view the info on LCD.
IIRC D60 doesn't have live view.

my friend just bought a 450d yesterday, i also think its better than d60 in many ways.
besides that, i somehow feel that d60 and d40 actually not much diff, just mainly the mega pixels, and a bit of the sensor.
i dont know if im right, im a newbie too :)

No offense, but you should really do your research before asking this question, there are already a gazillions similar threads on such question. Nikon and Canon both makes good camera, so there cant be a wrong choice, more of a preferrence by you :D

Do more research and hand-on the camera and you will have an answer :thumbsup:

whats the best deal for 450d now anybody?im thinking of getting one soon

450D,
is it good enough?

My budget is fine,
but which one?
Might want to compare with Pentax K200D and Fuji S5 Pro since your budget is around there. Not to mention offerings from Olympus and Sony since i take it from your question you are not too familiar with PnS vs DSLR.

For DSLR, i dont think the words buy wrongly exist. Just that whether the user know how to use or not.

Last edited:
Just see what do you need, like do you need extra live view function? Or do you need an extra 0.5 inch LCD screen is all up to you..But one thing is for sure Nikon D60 manual forcus is :thumbsup: there is a full bar to guide you into it. Just try out both cam and see which fits yr hand :p

is it good enough? lol. get a 1D mk III or D3 then. kidding.
450D and D60 will be good enough for you. you may consider D90 too.

I just got on monday.

MSColor at AMK $1160 (body + kit lens EF-S 18-55mm IS) and $360 for EF-S 55-250mm IS

Remember to pay cash else they charge 2% for nets.

I'm not too sure about the best deal but i got my body+kit lens 3 days ago at CP-MS for $1105 (after $20 rebate with the MS voucher which can be exchanged at the info counter with the purchase receipt) :)

wow...whats are the freebies? whats the rates like if i bought using installments? anyway thanks for answering my questions

Status
Not open for further replies.