Should I join the photoshoots if i only has prosumer camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueheart

Jul 18, 2007
Dear all, I can currently using a prosumer camera....
And interested in going for photoshoots as posted in the site...
but is it more for SLR users?

Or should i get a SLR camera.....
Have been thinking of getting 1 SLR camera, so which one is goos for a newbie like me....
But the SLR camera, i might be getting end of the year....

So any advise or tips from the pro out there?
And wat can i do now?

what you have is more then enough...its your eye for details that is more important...the camera is just a tool to get the photo you want...

its not camera its your picture ...

You should have sufficient time to pose and compose your picture, even using prosumer or consumer camera, if the shoot is in a studio.

For outdoor shots, the DSLR and external flash would give you better control over lighting compared to a prosumer.

SLRs are pricey investments. Do consider carefully why you want/need the upgrade. Upgrading just to join outings is really unnecessary.

I can't say for other outings, but at least for the AG outings, your camera should be the least of your worries. Many people joined us for outings with only a small PnS camera, but still enjoyed themselves tremendously. I myself started joining the outings with my little Canon A40, then later Fuji S602z. Outings should be about making friends, taking good pictures, and most importantly, having fun. Not about equipment. (AG outing's founder/main organizer uses his antique consumer Coolpix camera to shoot during some of the outings, and produce pictures that bring dSLR to shame - it's never about the camera.)

A prosumer is still a fully working camera. I personally don't care if they use a IDMKII or a camera phone.

but try try not to use camera phone at photoshoots lah. :bsmilie:

I shot a lot with prosumer camera on paid photoshoot. Done some studio shoots with them too. Just don't feel 'paiseh' when others take out the heavy duty equipments... Just have fun shooting...

why not? :dunno:

The organiser still charges u the same amount for the shoot..and hardly bothers whether u get ur shots:bsmilie:..important thing is u must enjoy the shoot.;)

Just join. ;)

I shot a lot with prosumer camera on paid photoshoot. Done some studio shoots with them too. Just don't feel 'paiseh' when others take out the heavy duty equipments... Just have fun shooting...

are u referring to me ?? not the 'paiseh' part lah...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Give it a shot, don't worry about your equipment at this stage of photography. Don't fall into the consumerist trap of always buying the best before you take that first step into the art.

Mix around, experiment with your compositions, learn the basics and make new kakis.

My IXUS 800 gives me better colour then my 30D with L lens... hahaha dont know is it me or the processor :sweat::sweat::sweat: I can use P mode for both the shot and some time the image is better from the IXUS :dunno:

juz join as wat matters is the person taking the pic not a camera

:) Joined photoshoots with a prosumer previously, never been a problem.
In fact in certain situations a prosumer turned out to be more versatile, so why not just join and have fun?:cool:

Thank you so much for all the people who have answered my queries.....
I hope to join u all in the sessions.....

yes, u all are right, is to enjoy, know more kakais, and learn from each other.....
it really is fun.......

Thks all.....

I thought the opposite is true! Outdoor with the available light makes picture taking easy with just about any camera. I haven't ventured into studio shooting with my Coolpix 8700. My indoor pictures are generally not satisfactory.:(

You should have sufficient time to pose and compose your picture, even using prosumer or consumer camera, if the shoot is in a studio.

For outdoor shots, the DSLR and external flash would give you better control over lighting compared to a prosumer.

Hi all, i feel good when i saw this thread. My status is like trueheart. Hope that we got a chance to go for an outing shoot and we can learn from you guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If u are worried, join the AG outings. AG stands for Anything Goes. Prosumer cameras are welcomed. I have been on AG outings and sometimes there are people with compact or prosumer cams. Not an issue at all. And the outings are great. Try it. But u need a bit of luck to get balloted though. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.