Status
Not open for further replies.

trueheart

Jul 18, 2007
Want to get a DSLR camera.
But dun know to get Canon or Nikon..
any advise?

can't go wrong with either. =)

enjoy shooting instead of fussing over equipment.

That depends on you shooting habits. For those who shoot mostly fast actions or night scene, Canon is your choice. For those who shoot nature, architecture and landscape or still life, Nikon is great.

Try a search.... This topic is coming up once every 1-2 days, and the same advice is given over and over and over again...

:bsmilie:

maybe need some confirmation... actually by now most would have understood that we'll not tell anyone to buy what brand... its really up to each individual...

"feel the force" :bsmilie:

Sony la

any advise?

1. Do you have an existing SLR system? If so, use back the same system so you can use your existing lenses.
2. What are your friends using? Use the same system so you can borrow lenses to try.. ;p
3. What are your friends using? Use a different system so they won't borrow lenses from you. ;p

NOT ANOTHER ONE>>>> ;(

For goodness sake, GO TRY IT OUT YOURSELF.

Only you can decide on it.

Like many things in life you have to make your own decisions. First have a budget and then see which camera models in the two brands meet your budget. Then go down to a reputable shop and handle it and see which one feels good in your hands, which one focuses faster, which one is easier to handle etc. All of this is very personal. What I like may not be what your like.

And if you don't know anything about using a digital SLR, bro you need to do more reading about DSLRs before making your purchase.

Both are good
the only thing that might be different is the feel in your hands
go to a shop,hold both and try for yourself
We can give our suggestions and comments but it will be u who will be using the cam

any advise?
Is all up to you to think about it,which DSLR camera do you really want.You can listen all sort of suggestion.At the end of the day is all up to you to decided.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get a photography mag like practical photography, do a search in google, and try it out in shops!

Or you can go and ask the prices of the cam if you want to buy?

I second the thought of trying the cameras. It's the sure way.

For a random chance:
Go to sleep, when u wake up take note of the first brand that comes into ur mind and buy it :D No loss anyway, good with both, established companies making worthy equipment :D

That depends on you shooting habits. For those who shoot mostly fast actions or night scene, Canon is your choice. For those who shoot nature, architecture and landscape or still life, Nikon is great.

Why you say so? I shoot archi stuff 90% of the time with both Nikon and Canon. I don't any obvious advantage Nikon has over Canon in this department. In fact, I see Canon having the 24 TSE as an important factor to consider for architectural and landscape type of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.