should i give up? or fight on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keast

Nov 2, 2007
www.flickr.com
2523497943_c015fa4b0b.jpg

would like feedback on this picture, composition wise, processing and whether if i had achieved the mood.

a little background info,
shot on rockmaster men opens finals
this guy failed two+ tries on his route
he's trying to figure out what went wrong and whether he should give up or fight on
at the same time the crowd had already shifted their attention to the other competitor

If your intend is to show the emotions of the climber, it didn't show.

Get a closer shot, is there a reason why you give so much space to the mattresses?

To me, the mattresses speak more words than the subject u choose to focus on...

I agree with ah bian. More close-up to his complexion. Hopefully if you are able to capture the image of sweat dripping will be more emotional and captivating. :)

Cheers!

In terms of PP, here's my try.. crop the pic so that subject is in the thirds.. add blur and vignetting to the surrounding people.. darken the surrounding more and lighten the subject..
Not sure if this works..

2523.jpg

i think i landscape version would be nicer? no need to have so much mattress in the shot.

Either way, great capture. :thumbsup:

wa jialat jialat haha. thanks for the suggestions

matteress/crashpads i intend to use as a lead to the subject i think i use too much already

thanks m3lv1nh0 for the effort on the sample looks great :thumbsup:

cheers all

I think that a closer shot would be good
THe crowd are all facing away from him
By going in closer, it would probably have a bigger impact imho

In terms of PP, here's my try.. crop the pic so that subject is in the thirds.. add blur and vignetting to the surrounding people.. darken the surrounding more and lighten the subject..
Not sure if this works..

2523.jpg

Think the vignetting is overdone; there is now a lack of environment.

If your intend is to show the emotions of the climber, it didn't show.

Get a closer shot, is there a reason why you give so much space to the mattresses?

Probably like some of us, myself included, reason for the matresses are the lack of "reach". Not enough dough for longer lenses... :bsmilie:

Maybe a shot of the subject when he lifts his head up will have a better effect. Although, the title should then be "fight on" 1st, followed by "give up"... Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.