Should i get this or tat or others??

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstar

Jan 30, 2007
Hi guys, i'm looking for my first DSLR. Is Canon 400D suitable for a newbie? Or should i go for Nikon? I'm a person who love Night Photography(Land/City scapes or Portraits), some close-up snaps during the day.
I would need some advise:
1. Main differents between these 2 DSLR,
2. Worries for future upgrading of lens,
3. Battery life(shots per full charge),
4. Price Range?,
5. Value for $$ ??,
6. Which is more suitable for newbie,
7. or maybe some important issues to take note when choosing a DSLR...

Thanks Guys.:bsmilie:

Which camera to choose depends on yourself. Canon supporteres will say choose Canon over others while Nikon users will swear that Nikon is a more suitable camera for you. Go out there and get a feel of the cameras you have in mind and see which is more comfortable for you. Personally, I will recommend a Sony A100 or Pentax K100. Check the reviews on the web to get a clearer picture of the functions and abilities of each camera first. If you don't mind a second hand one try the KM 5D too. :)

i swear canon is better in few dept...say ISO performances...

canon have been trusted by professional...u watch soccer u know already...dun bother about nikon one...

Hi guys, i'm looking for my first DSLR. Is Canon 400D suitable for a newbie? Or should i go for Nikon? I'm a person who love Night Photography(Land/City scapes or Portraits), some close-up snaps during the day.
I would need some advise:
1. Main differents between these 2 DSLR,
2. Worries for future upgrading of lens,
3. Battery life(shots per full charge),
4. Price Range?,
5. Value for $$ ??,
6. Which is more suitable for newbie,
7. or maybe some important issues to take note when choosing a DSLR...

Thanks Guys.:bsmilie:

1) there are differences... to me, doesnt matter much. sometimes i feel comfort more important than features eg: how it feels in my hands
2) if you get teh d40, lens are limited. the other models shouldnt be a problem for nikon. Canon and nikon got a lot of lenses. dont worry. Only Pentax , Olympus very rare. Not say rare but hard to find. Sony Alpha can be said that the old Konica Minolta still compatible so not that hard
3) not sure about this..
4) Depends on your budget.. 2nd hand or first hand
5) got a lot of things now value for money
6) Nikon D50,d70s ( if you're choosing D40) Canon 300d, 350d 400d

7) important issue is yourself. sometimes nikon VS canon things is depends on you. I chose comfort over the qualities. the nikon felt nice in my hand compared to the canon. My first dslr was a Fujilm s1pro which felt so nice in my hand ... if ever got the $$ , i'll get the s3 or s5pro .

if you're buying 2nd hand, shutter count, lens fungus or scratches, loose switch/dials after rugged use , warranty

You wouldn't go wrong with either Canon or Nikon. With their extensive range of lenses and acceessories, you'll be able to find anything for your photographic needs. Just try both and see which feels better to you.

For Canon, you can go for 400D or 30D depending on your budget. For Nikon, there is D40 and D80, also depends on your budget. While the kit lens should be able to get you by for most general photography, you may want to allocate some budget for a macro lens if you are into close up macro. Also you will need to get a good sturdy tripod for night photography.

canon have been trusted by professional...u watch soccer u know already...dun bother about nikon one...
haha westwest1, every post see u rally for canon, how come ur avatar is nikon d80?

you cant go wrong wif both brands, ppl use canons on soccer pitches but at the same time u see if u watch documentries u always see them using nikons. personally i feel nikon got more lens catered to consumers like the 18-70 or 18-200. all canon and nikon dslrs r good.

I suggest the Sony A100 or Pentax K10D. Both have the anti-shake build into the body, so you won't have to spend so much on image-stabilized lenses.

IMO, unless you are comparing the FF pro bodies (e.g. 5D or the 1Ds MII), I reckon the noise control is better, but Nikon doesn't have a FF body (Yet ;) ), hence, IMHO, I find the noise controls for both Nikon and Canon bodies with Dx censors are about the same.

Know what you want, go for it, buy it, use it, enjoy them and dun ever look back! :bsmilie:

For Picture clarity at high ISO - Cannon.
For Lighting control - Nikon.

I'll like to have both...

Were you CON by the Nikon sales person???

nikon has the most advanced flash system
so you don't really need noise control as you can shoot at low ISO with great light from your flash

so you don't really need noise control as you can shoot at low ISO with great light from your flash
This was one of the reasons I chose N over C. It was the flash system. From feedback of other C users, even they say N's flash is more accurate (& cheaper. Comparing the price of a SB-800 & 580EX) :sweat: .

but shooting sports canon be better right??? look at soccer can liaoz...

but shooting sports canon be better right??? look at soccer can liaoz...

Two words that separates the Pro series of N & C is FF. Where one camp has, whereas the other currently doesn't have. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.