Should I get this? Minox DCC-5.1

mikeeeey

Jan 27, 2010
only avail in krisshop. saw it while im on my way to taiwan.

going back to SG this fri. wondering if i should get this.. it looks damn cute!!! But not much info avail online...

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/25263/minox-dcc-51/

minox-dcc-5.1-accessories.jpg

the one with the flash is 798. camera only is 488 i think...

Last edited:
anyone?

thanks in advance

It's not worth the money... read the reviews on amazon.com

actually the amazon and adorama points towards the older minox m3 plus, which is also a 5mp toy camera but with only 1.5 inch display. The newer Minox dcc 5.1 seems to have a 2 inch optical viewer on the discript ( correct me if i am wrong, until a while ago i know nuts about these toy cameras ). as to whether the newer dcc 5.1 is worth the premium (or if the minox is even worth buying as a toy camera) u have to ask urself.

ryan

actually the amazon and adorama points towards the older minox m3 plus, which is also a 5mp toy camera but with only 1.5 inch display. The newer Minox dcc 5.1 seems to have a 2 inch optical viewer on the discript ( correct me if i am wrong, until a while ago i know nuts about these toy cameras ). as to whether the newer dcc 5.1 is worth the premium (or if the minox is even worth buying as a toy camera) u have to ask urself.

ryan

Ahhh ... so there were three versions instead of two?

The original 3mp 3.0, the 'boosted' to 5mp 3.0, and the 5mp 5.1?

I would've gotten it, if it wasn't for the fact that it's made of plastic... I've heard of the lever breaking off after a while...

i prefer the 1st 3mp version (Leica M3)because the attention to details is amazing on that first version ....... you dont buy these cameras because of picture quality

Have to admit the TLR replica is charming - especially the WLF and finger cank on the side! :bsmilie:

hmm thanks for the info...

going back tmr.. well, still torn in between.. haha

Have to admit the TLR replica is charming - especially the WLF and finger cank on the side! :bsmilie:

ai yo. seriously that one got abit of my attention too .. :bsmilie:

ryan