Should i get the Canon 350D or Nikon D50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchz_es

Jan 5, 2006
Singapore
Hi all, I'm new to photography... Should i get the Canon 350D or Nikon D50?

Neither, get 1DS MKII or D2X

Then get D70 kit :thumbsup:

I would suggest D50, if you are tight on budget. Its cheaper by a few hundreds bucks. I have been using it for a while, and so far so good :)

I think there's not much difference between D50 and 350D. Maybe the later one has more megapixels by about 2 M, but I dont think you will need that much megapixels. Except you want to print it out in a huge poster?

You can go to this website to compares the features of both cameras side by side.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...side&cameras=canon_eos350d,nikon_d50&show=all

Having experienced my friend's D70s... it appears that the Auto White Balance is not that accurate. A lot of my friend's photos have a yellow tinge for pictures shot under artificial light. Even when we tried all the manual WB settings, all the pics appear with a yellowish tinge.

Using my 350D, I get really nice accurate colours on AWB. I hardly have to change that. Add the fact that you have 2 more megapixels (extra MPs are always better than less) and a CMOS sensor (with better noise control) means that I would recommend the 350D over the D50.

philliptan said:
Having experienced my friend's D70s... it appears that the Auto White Balance is not that accurate. A lot of my friend's photos have a yellow tinge for pictures shot under artificial light. Even when we tried all the manual WB settings, all the pics appear with a yellowish tinge.

Using my 350D, I get really nice accurate colours on AWB. I hardly have to change that. Add the fact that you have 2 more megapixels (extra MPs are always better than less) and a CMOS sensor (with better noise control) means that I would recommend the 350D over the D50.

:thumbsup: Agreed!:thumbsup:
Go for 350D 2 more mega pix means alot beta quality!
Go go go.......:bsmilie:

I have read alot about the 350D handling problem? I can't take better picture with poorer handling???

Both 350D and D70s are good.

Go to a shop to try both of them and get a feel for yourself.
Better still, go to the IT Show next week where you can try all models under one roof. ;)

Thanks guys for the information... Will be going down to the IT show and take alook...

get the 20d

Practical Photography Magazine has done a direct comparison between the D50 and E350D (January 06 issue). The E350D emerge as a narrow winner due to slight better picture quality. However one shortcoming of the E350D is the small grip but this is really up to personal preference. So do try on both models before deciding on anything. Another point to consider is the accessories cost. Apparently, cannon's accessories seems to be more costly compared to nikon's.

switchz_es said:
Thanks guys for the information... Will be going down to the IT show and take alook...

Ya... its a good idea go to the show n try all models that is available ;) .... cos nt so possible if u go to a shop.... can also go n do it everyday for the four days:bsmilie:

WAh... go there everyday and touch... later the people there say how come this guy everyday come here and touch mine things and never buy...

switchz_es said:
WAh... go there everyday and touch... later the people there say how come this guy everyday come here and touch mine things and never buy...

There're many counters during the IT fair (I think so)... so you can go to different counters on different days to feel it ;)

yeah, go it show and try all the cameras you shortlisted. think about, with your budget, what is the best deal, future expandability, etc. mostly importantly you got to like the cam. no matter how good the cam is, you don't like it, you won't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.