Should I get the 16-85mm?

SkimMilk

May 1, 2008
West Coast
stephentgs.blogspot.com
The BBB bug is calling out to me to get this lens and sell my 18-55 and 18-105.
What do you guys think of this? Go or no go? :think:

The 18-55 is a bit short for me at times, while I've got nothing wrong with the 18-105. haha.. just the stupid bug biting me. :nono:

Input everyone! Help me fight or satisfy this bug! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Since it is BBB virus, than forget about 16-85, go for the King of DX, 17-55f2.8, you have nothing else to upgrade except go for Full Frame....... :devil:

Since it is BBB virus, than forget about 16-85, go for the King of DX, 17-55f2.8, you have nothing else to upgrade except go for Full Frame....... :devil:

If you don't miss the 18-23mm range, then BBB 24-70/2.8 :devil:

Go for glory! Haha!

If you don't miss the 18-23mm range, then BBB 24-70/2.8 :devil:

wahaha... this one is in the q!

Catchlights: if comparing 17-55 and 24-70, i'll get the 24-70 with the $$$. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

Been reading a bit of reviews all around. BBB fire is currently being put down down down! hahaha!

wahaha... this one is in the q!

Catchlights: if comparing 17-55 and 24-70, i'll get the 24-70 with the $$$. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

Been reading a bit of reviews all around. BBB fire is currently being put down down down! hahaha!

Are you shooting just for leisure though?
Is the weight (of either 24-70 or 17-55) going to be a bother for you?

Currently for leisure lah. Still learning mah. Weight? hmm... muscles can be trained! hahaha!

Cowseye: I've got a SB700 liao...

:thumbsup: for positive attitude! :)
wish you great wisdom as you seek an answer to your dilemma... :)

SkimMilk said:
Currently for leisure lah. Still learning mah. Weight? hmm... muscles can be trained! hahaha!

Cowseye: I've got a SB700 liao...

Then work on ur flash photography first bah. If you die die must, get a cheap 2nd hand 50mm f/1.8 AF-D.

Then work on ur flash photography first bah. If you die die must, get a cheap 2nd hand 50mm f/1.8 AF-D.

hahaha... also have liao!
but am learning lor. have been playing around with the flash since dec. not easy ah.

btw, if I use toys as my models for portraiture, is it as good as having a human model?
(asking cos my 'human models' are not patient with me...) ;p

but am learning lor. have been playing around with the flash since dec. not easy ah.

btw, if I use toys as my models for portraiture, is it as good as having a human model?
It is not a good ideal, as toy is not in human life size.

of cos not as good..cant compare at all.. unless your toy is as big as human model?
not to mention..1 is dead 1 is alive.

GReddyZC76 said:
How abt Af-s 14-24 F/2.8g N + af-s 24-120 F/4g N.... :lol:

I don't think highly of the 24-120mm f/4 though.

just buy anything you like, since you got the $$ ^^

just buy anything you like, since you got the $$ ^^
:nono::nono::nono:

Even got $$$ also cannot anyhow spend. $ must be spent wisely.

Anyway, I've won! I fought off the bug, so I won't be getting the 16-85.
Maybe use the $ to buy a good mannequin? wahhaah :bsmilie: *just kidding!*

mannequin is good for learning studio lighting, but you can bring's them anyway you like, it is very expensive too, and please don't buy those dolls from the toy shops are not for children.

anyway, learning about posing, directing models you need real persons, anyone can be your models, all you need to do is keep the session very short and sweet. if you can make it impromptu, you can make anybody you met to be your models.