Should I get my decayed wisdom tooth out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdoom

Jan 20, 2005
Lomohome
I hate to go to the dentist to take out my tooth. But its decayed and im getting pains once a while. Its protruded out abit with hole(decay) in the middle. So i need some wise answers...

I hate to go to the dentist to take out my tooth. But its decayed and im getting pains once a while. Its protruded out abit with hole(decay) in the middle. So i need some wise answers...

well, u can let it spread across the entire mouth lor... then all decay at the same time, u will feel the major orgasmic pain... then later no more teeth, also no need to go dentist liao...

or you can ask someone to knock you out, write a list of instruction to him...

[Bobdoom Wish List Instructions]
1) Knock me out as hard as you can
2) Bring me to the nearest dentist
3) Tell the doc i got tooth decay, and ask him to give me full body anathesia.
4) Remove decay tooth
5) Bring me home and tuck me to bed

Simple answer = Yes

yes... once the condition worsen or decay further ... the pain can be quite awful...worse than someone struck u in the face

Just let it rot till your skull gone. :)

Give a call to Alexandra Hospital dental and get an appointment. Heard there faster. Or, National Dental Centre. Removing Wisdom tooth is about $300+, can pay by CPF. Better to do it early than late. Although still got 0.1% that will lost the nerve around the area, 99.9% is always successful, and they are now very very professional and careful. You will be surprised, confirm NOT A SINGLE PAIN during the entire Ops.

After the Ops just go on soft food, and avoid heaty stuff, and you will recover fast. Just done mine a few months ago at NDC.

Cheers!

A big YES. I just took out 2 of my wisdom tooth and believe me.. the short term pain was worth the long term benefits. And if your decay spreads... you might end up having to go for a major operation to remove the tooth, root and maybe even some other teeth.

Please go and make a dentist appointment first thing in the morning.

OK, share my personal experience.

Like you, I dragged and dragged, unitl the decayed tooth became so painful.
When the dentist trys to pull it out, the whole tooth just crush under the pressure of the plier, becasue the tooth is so weak and badly decayed. So to extract the tooth, the dentist will have to use a metal spike to dig a big hole into the gum and around the tooth, before he can pull it out.

When the tooth is so badly decayed, and the dentist did not clean it properly, some tooth fragment will be left in the gum....
Heeheee.... Your lovely face will become a pig head in two weeks time....

Next, prepare yrself for a second operation.

Now you can decided to do it early or can still drag on. Because of the growing period, the tooth pain is at most once every 4~6months. :D

ok thk you guys so much... will get it out....

ya just get it out.. i got all 4 out during my NS time hahaha. coz both the bottom 2 didnt grow properly..
remember to eat the antibotics this is important to prevent looking like a pighead.. went twice to remove one side at a time..
its a painless one.. first time i was unable to eat anything for the first day.. second time i was eating once i reach home.. ahahaha

GOOD GRIEF GET IT OUT OR NO GIRL WOULD WANNA KISS YOU.

i may be wrong.

how about mine?

mine is not decayed, totally no pain whatsoever, or only very slightly according to the dentist. It is a bit wrong angle, making it easy to trap food. My dentist ask me to take it out every visit but I am terrified.

I mean it totally does not give me any pain whatsoever, and I nowadays make it a point to floss that region very thoroughly.

Is it ok to wait until it give me a little pain first? Now it is like totally no pain and I feel like the dentist is "conning" me or something.

Take wisdom tooth out can get mc. :bsmilie:

Seriously, don't wait until got excruciating pain.
Early intervention is better than complications later.

Take wisdom tooth out can get mc. :bsmilie:

Seriously, don't wait until got excruciating pain.
Early intervention is better than complications later.

just imagine him doing a night shoot, then having the intermitent pain... can see nice shaky background liao... :bsmilie:

I just did some reading and some website says if your wisdom teeth is not straight, it is only sooner or later that it will give you problems. Taking out wisdom tooth when young is better as better healing, less complications.....

but my wife scare me with her wisdom tooth extraction stories..... a lot of BLOOOD!!!!

I just did some reading and some website says if your wisdom teeth is not straight, it is only sooner or later that it will give you problems. Taking out wisdom tooth when young is better as better healing, less complications.....

but my wife scare me with her wisdom tooth extraction stories..... a lot of BLOOOD!!!!

Hi all,

Well, mine was at a wrong angle (impacted growth), it trapped food, so when food was trapped, decay started. Then I had to remove my wisdom tooth. I gone through the whole process, so if anyone has that condition, no matter decayed or not, pls go and take it out. I waited too long, and my wosdom tooth turned black, nearly attacked the molar.

Prevention is better than cure.

Cheers,

i extracted mine without any complications...

well, 1st time i went to the dentist, he say cannot cos swollen, say go back in a week, which i forgot... then drag until it pain again

then went to the dentist at 445pm, x ray and such, sit on the chair, 5pm done, i even put a 1hour coupon and i was like woohoo done, and he gave me MC, but i went back to work, cos i just like go to the dentist during my break time, then went back to continue my work... no fever no nothing, 1 piece of gauze to stop bleeding...

ya just get it out.. i got all 4 out during my NS time hahaha. coz both the bottom 2 didnt grow properly..
remember to eat the antibotics this is important to prevent looking like a pighead.. went twice to remove one side at a time..
its a painless one.. first time i was unable to eat anything for the first day.. second time i was eating once i reach home.. ahahaha

same here, removed all 4 at 1 go.
lucky is sleep 1.
overall not a bad experience at AH, finished everything 1 shot within 45 mins and is free due to 11b, pays to be a nsf sometimes.
wasnt given antibotics but was given painkillers 1 tab a day in the morning.
1st day, bleed like pms.
2nd day, take mee sua already.
3rd day, rice with soup but can just swallow only.

oh ya, the stiches also remove in less that 5 mins after 1 week.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for AH stuff who called up to find out more about your condition few days after the op and their outpatient service also not bad.

feel much better in my mouth already, no more swollen gums around the wisdom tooth area ! :cheergal:
still keep my 2 perfect fully developed upper wisdom tooth as samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.