Should I get back a macro lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljung

May 11, 2005
used to have a 100mm Canon macro, then sold off due to low usage.

later jumped to bird photography, now taking insects with my prime tele when in needs....
when comes to small little critters, sometimes feel a bit restrictive when comes to using add-ons (like extension tube or filter and stuff), in terms of fixed focusing distance....

now contemplating whether should i get back a cheapo macro lens (maybe a Tamron 90mm non-di) to satisfy my macro itch.....

or rather some mid-range zoom.... say, 70-200 f4?:dunno:

any comment? psycho me?:confused:

:bsmilie:

its really up to you... if u shoot with flash, maybe a 1:2 70-300 would be good enuff... couple with a extension tube, focusing might be a killer due to narrow aperture.

otherwise, just get a 90mm macro like tamron's, cheap & good.

You really should!

Same position as you mate...sold off my Macro lens a few mths ago and now feeling the itch again.. :confused:

Using 70-200mm w/ 25mm ext. tube now to fill in the gap but it just doesn't feel the same as a dedicated Macro lens.

hi, Ortega, Thanks for the additional itch powder :faint:
heart itch very hard to scratch......:sweat:

hi, Garion, fully agree: they just dont feel the same.

Now I finally understand how powerful this quote is: "get a dedicated macro lens if you can" :sweatsm:

hi, Ortega, Thanks for the additional itch powder :faint:
heart itch very hard to scratch......:sweat:

hi, Garion, fully agree: they just dont feel the same.

Now I finally understand how powerful this quote is: "get a dedicated macro lens if you can" :sweatsm:

Thats why i never sells my Macro lens. Glad that i never sells any lens that serve me well. If you could afford Birding Gears, a macro lens is chicken feet...:lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.