Should I get a teleconverter before my trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee2003

Nov 28, 2003
Paya Lebar
What do you guys think should I spend $$$ on a canon 2.4X teleconverter before I go for my trip... Using a 2.4X converter does not really bring a subject much closer on a canon A80 right since the effective zoom will be like 7.2X. Please advise. Thank :bsmilie:

Guess will have to depend whether you gonna need it

I think most of the time if it is a holiday trip you would need a wide convertor instead to capture more of the scenary. Just my own opinion.

I think it depends on ur type of tour. is it a free and easy or a schedule packed one? cos mounting the TC may take some time. by then u may have loose the important moment. but u can always get jus in case and u think u are going to use it in future also.

Thanks for the tips.. Think I will pass on the teleconverter this time round

Lee2003 said:
Thanks for the tips.. Think I will pass on the teleconverter this time round

its a good idea to bring a wide convertor. A x0.7 convertor will allow you to capture wide sweeping vistas, or at least, wide buildings, and so on. And the smaller effective focal length allow you to handhold with lower shutter speed and in dimmer light.

I've noticed that many of my travel photos are shot a 28mm, and that even that is sometimes not wide enough. In fact, since convertors for A80 are pretty small and light, I suggest you get the 0.7 and possibly the x2 or similar convertors. If you are spending thousands of dollars on a trip and camera, whats another $200 to catch better pics of a place you'll probably never visit again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.