Should i get a DSLR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisces25

Nov 8, 2002
With Dslr prices falling ....should I get 1 since i'm in auto mode most of the time ?

Any 1 can share their view ?

:)

maybe u can share why u want to get a dslr since u shoot in auto mode most of time.. i only know of ppl wanting to get dslr because of the ability to shoot in manual mode and change lenses, image quality etc..

you want to get it because prices are falling?

i shoot in all auto mode too but i still got a dslr.

reasons being it's a lot faster in (auto) focusing, in zooming. and also can control aperture and/or shutter speed to get the desired effects. i got an oly e500 with 2 kits lens tat gives me enough coverage a normal compact wont. and better image quality.

i shoot in all auto mode too but i still got a dslr.

reasons being it's a lot faster in (auto) focusing, in zooming. and also can control aperture and/or shutter speed to get the desired effects. i got an oly e500 with 2 kits lens tat gives me enough coverage a normal compact wont. and better image quality.

and u say that u want to control AV/TV ...but u want to shoot all in auto...what u talking sia...

With Dslr prices falling ....should I get 1 since i'm in auto mode most of the time ?

Any 1 can share their view ?

Yes,you can get 1 since the dslr prics is falling cos the the new dslr is coming.donno when.:dunno:

U should get DSLR if u need these:
- DSLR has a bigger sensor hence better image quality
- DSLR do better night scene (less noisy) if u shoot night scene
- DSLR can couple with flash with TTL etc
- DSLR can change lens example 10mm to 1000mm, if u like
- I know u shoot in auto mode, but one day if u want to experiment in manual exposure or manual focusing, u need DSLR

U should get DSLR if u need these:
- DSLR has a bigger sensor hence better image quality
- DSLR do better night scene (less noisy) if u shoot night scene
- DSLR can couple with flash with TTL etc
- DSLR can change lens example 10mm to 1000mm, if u like
- I know u shoot in auto mode, but one day if u want to experiment in manual exposure or manual focusing, u need DSLR
Hi there,
may I know what type of DSLR do you recommedment and affordable?;)

D40 !!!

If u do not have other film SLR or lens, then the Nikon D40 kit is a very good start, its price is also affordable.

Get a 2nd hand one if you really want since you only use the P mode. Do bear in mind the lenses, filters and dry cabinet that you will need when you are in the DSLR bandwagon.

As DSLR prices gets cheaper n cheaper, it is a no brainer to just get it as opposed to buy a PnS. Just sign up with any cheap basic course on photography n u will sure to make full use of e DSLR functions. Even if u r a technophobic, the auto mode in DSLR will do a good job too. :)

hi, check out olympus dual kit package. 2 lens plus a body, at quite a reasonable rate.
DSLR is addictive, many settings available to play around with... :)

D40 will be a good entry level dslr... not so ex too compared to others... :)

But, with the D40, you only get autofocus when using an AF-S or AF-I lens, which are damn expensive. So be careful! The initial outlay is low, but lens purchases afterwards are expensive on the D40.

Pentax K100D (alan photo, mscolor, cathay photo etc.) , K110D (dunno about local availability).

Comes with anti-shake for all lenses ;D

Pentax K100D, K110D (dunno about local availability).

Comes with anti-shake for all lenses ;D

I'd say go for the K10D or Sony A100 in that case...

Status
Not open for further replies.