Should i get a dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dry box isn't bad; it just needs a lot more attention and management compared to a dry cabinet, where it's plugged in, adjusted once, and left alone. The convenience is worth it to me.

No problem with dry box. My $21 dry box is enough for 2 bodies and 4 lenses. I have used it for 4 years already and have never encountered any problem. Dry box is the most suitable for me because I live in a rent house and need to keep my furniture as less as possible.

Is a dry box really that bad? I have used a dry box before, and found it satisfactory. When paired with a small bucket of "Thirsty Hippo", the hydrometer reads 30%. That's a little overdoing it, apparently, but it seems to protect my gear alright. My dad has been using the Tupperware solution before I was born. No issues there either. I truly believe it a simple matter of managing the humidity.

agree...
i use a big tuppleware.. + a hydrometer + silicon gel which can be reused after putting in microwave.
RH meter reads abt 50-60%. btw my room RH usually @ 70% if i dun on aircon. rather high i would say.

i didnt use digicab cos...room no space... my big tuppleware can be chuck under my bed...
else i would just get a digicab...100bucks = cheap...compared to all my lens camera

Get a dry cabinet and worry no more.

Digihub

Free delivery with most purchase....check with them....i recently bought a digicab with them and got it the next day:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.