Should i get a digicam onli when festival is near?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiOnGSquare

Jan 21, 2006
cos i'm planning to get one but christmas and countdown all over, left with cny now
i wonder if its advisable to buy a cam now.:)

do u hav a specific cam in mind? if not, wait till u find 1 u like. no point buy jus 4 buying's sake. u may end up thinking of d nx upgrade.

if u hav a specific cam in mind. go ahead & buy (best if got promo). but u will need some time b4 u can competently use it. no point fiddling w/ d setting wen taking pics of family or frds. u may end up frustrated reshooting several times.

tis is d worse case scenario oni. dun buy jus 4 buying's sake. pronto! :)

TiOnGSquare said:
cos i'm planning to get one but christmas and countdown all over, left with cny now

maybe u can wait for the exhibition coming in march...think is suntec, might be able to find better promotions then....right now think u just go research on what cameras to buy first~!:)

it would be good to just narrow down to 1 camera so as not to be too fickle-minded between two cameras.
saves you the heartbreak.

TiOnGSquare said:

It takes time to master the camera. Lots of time. Buy when you want to and make use of the cam - for shooting, learning etc. Otherwise do not. It will be a white elephant.

scramblur11 said:
maybe u can wait for the exhibition coming in march...think is suntec, might be able to find better promotions then....right now think u just go research on what cameras to buy first~!:)
:nono:

Exhibition prices are not the best. Surprise, surprise... :rolleyes:

Can try then, but... :sweat:

i have fujifilm F11 in mind:D

If your intention is to take mostly during the festive seasons only, then it's better to wait because (1) festive season is nearing its end, and (2) you need quite some time to be familiar with the various functions of camera, and (3) you need quite some time to practice and learn more about photography and composition in order to take nice nice pictures (assuming that you're still not familiar yet) and there is no point wasting time and end up with lots of poor pictures, (4) prices of cameras will continue to fall. The longer you wait, the better and cheaper a camera you can get.

So if you're only going shoot mostly many many months down the road, then you have the luxury to wait.

Notwithstanding the above, more practice and reading will improve your photography understanding and skills. Buying as early as possible will allow a lot of time to do those things. By the time the next festive season comes along, you would be much better to shoot.

The above is just my personal opinion.

i think i'm those buy 1 cam use for many many yrs...frankly speaking i never own a camera b4, not even those film type:cry: now working liao, tats y thinking of buying 1. thanks for you advice, i think i need to practise and learn alot alot.

Clockunder said:
If your intention is to take mostly during the festive seasons only, then it's better to wait because (1) festive season is nearing its end, and (2) you need quite some time to be familiar with the various functions of camera, and (3) you need quite some time to practice and learn more about photography and composition in order to take nice nice pictures (assuming that you're still not familiar yet) and there is no point wasting time and end up with lots of poor pictures, (4) prices of cameras will continue to fall. The longer you wait, the better and cheaper a camera you can get.

So if you're only going shoot mostly many many months down the road, then you have the luxury to wait.

Notwithstanding the above, more practice and reading will improve your photography understanding and skills. Buying as early as possible will allow a lot of time to do those things. By the time the next festive season comes along, you would be much better to shoot.

The above is just my personal opinion.

TiOnGSquare said:
i think i'm those buy 1 cam use for many many yrs...frankly speaking i never own a camera b4, not even those film type:cry: now working liao, tats y thinking of buying 1. thanks for you advice, i think i need to practise and learn alot alot.

If your main intention is to learn photography and practice, then buy early to practice during CNY. After the festive seasons, there are still many things you can shoot if you're interested in photography. Interesting scenes and subjects are not not limited to only during the festive season.

The earlier you buy, the earlier you can practice and learn.

However, if it's just 3-minute fever to want to buy a camera to shoot during festive seasons, then it might be better to pause and think first.

Watcher said:
:nono:

Exhibition prices are not the best. Surprise, surprise... :rolleyes:

Can try then, but... :sweat:

well...I say might....just a suggestion, if anybody feel otherwise can don't take it....

Clockunder said:
If your main intention is to learn photography and practice, then buy early to practice during CNY. After the festive seasons, there are still many things you can shoot if you're interested in photography. Interesting scenes and subjects are not not limited to only during the festive season.

The earlier you buy, the earlier you can practice and learn.

However, if it's just 3-minute fever to want to buy a camera to shoot during festive seasons, then it might be better to pause and think first.

thx for yr advice!! very helpful!!!:)

if you're looking for compact cameras with good night performance,F11 is a good choice.
it can go up to high ISO without having much noice.
but you need to held your camera damn steady so that shots wouldn't blur due to its lack of stabiliser,so make it a point to perfect your holding technique.
in the current market,you can only have this but not that.
for example good ISO performance=lack of stabiliser.
having image stabiliser=likely poor performance at higher ISO.
unless you buy KM 5D which is a dslr,but thats not on your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.