Should I extend my video cam's warranty for SGD90?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadybo

Sep 1, 2007
SG
I have recently bought a Canon MD160 video camera for SGD749 and it comes with 1 year warranty. Would it be recommended for me to get an additional 2 more years of warranty which covers free parts and labour cost for SGD90? :confused:

Thank you. :D

I have recently bought a Canon MD160 video camera for SGD749 and it comes with 1 year warranty. Would it be recommended for me to get an additional 2 more years of warranty which covers free parts and labour cost for SGD90? :confused:

up to u for me i would:)

Free parts and labour for additional 24 months @ $3.75 per month. What do you think?

I would too but its up to you.

I see. But normally Canon video cams do not spoil so easily right? :think:

I see. But normally Canon video cams do not spoil so easily right? :think:

nobody makes cams to spoil easily. anyway, you can send in for general servicing and cleaning every year if you buy the extended warranty.

nobody makes cams to spoil easily. anyway, you can send in for general servicing and cleaning every year if you buy the extended warranty.

Sounds great~ I think I should extend it. Thanks for your useful comments bros~! :D

do it . i think it is worth it. especially the head, condensation problems, etc.

Is this Canon's extended warranty or shop extension? If it's provided by Canon, then go for it as they can honor it better.

Please read the T&C's carefully, as there are exclusions (eg. wear & tear items like vid head & rollers, etc).

Is this Canon's extended warranty or shop extension? If it's provided by Canon, then go for it as they can honor it better.

Please read the T&C's carefully, as there are exclusions (eg. wear & tear items like vid head & rollers, etc).

I agree....we have quite a few electronic stores who like to sell all this extended warranties that has nothing to do with the actual manaufacturer's warranty. There had been complains of it amounting to nothing after the first year. READ THE FINE PRINT to know what that extended warranty covers by who? And what kind of damage is covered in the extended warranty. The manufacturer or the store? These had been a ploy in recent years that some of these store use to make money.

Read the fine print and go for it! But I doubt you will ever be using it cos its a reliable brand ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.