Should I buy the EOS 550d at COMEX or there are other cheaper alternatives?

vitasoya

Mar 24, 2011
Hey guys, I got an enquiry here, Is the EOS 550d comex promotion the cheapest in town or I found a better offer elsewhere.

actually... the 600D is already out. long ago.

and really.. why Canon? it's not the ONLY good camera brand out there.

Hey guys, I got an enquiry here, Is the EOS 550d comex promotion the cheapest in town or I found a better offer elsewhere.

[roll eyes]... seriously... this type of question always come up before comex... and our answer is always - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You will get a more expensive camera with lots of useless freebies and stuff like that.

Go to the recommended shops for your cameras (email them, call them, pay them a visit and ask for quotation).

And... please, please, please, check out other brands and format of cameras too... don't limit yourself to Canon.

Comex, Sitex and whatever ..ex is never the cheapest option. The cheapest options are in town in the camera shops, all year round.

Is there a sticky somewhere about this "Should I buy XXX from YYY event"?

Chill ah guys. I am a newbie, still thinking whether to get a DSLR anot?

vitasoya said:

Look around in the threads, see if a Dslr something you really need an want. If so, then get it at the normal stores. Prices at IT shows are priced quite a bit higher than at the normal stores.

For a gauge of prices, you can check out the price guide section in the forum.

Why not you call one of the CS-preferred shops and ask them for their best prices for 550D? Then do your comparison with the Comex pricing ;)

Search for forum for any of the names of such shows.. just read. Since these trade shows happen more thna once per year you'll easily find the threads. Do a bit of homework, it's your money. Unless you have no issues wasting it ... in this case just go and buy wherever you find the cam.

Are you looking forc the freebies at the comex.If not wait until it ended.From there you'll find cheap Cannon 550D.

Any shop to recommend? Funan or Simlim. I dont want to get tok lor. Price is more impt, I dont want to get useless freebies that I end up not using.

vitasoya said:
Any shop to recommend? Funan or Simlim. I dont want to get tok lor. Price is more impt, I dont want to get useless freebies that I end up not using.

There's a buying guide sticky, please read that first.

i jus saw the RRP for 550d in canon website it 1099(kit 18-55), it seem like the price drop alot..
is it a good buy is comex gv out free dry cabin?