Should i buy Canon 5D mark 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ..

Should i buy a 2nd hand Canon 5D mark 1 with a budget of $2300? :confused:

Good camera? It's quite a old model though...

Hi there. Gd choice if u're choosing the 5D, even better with the MK II. Though the first gen 5D is 4 years old, it's still an excellent cam. Reason why i bought it is just becos i need a FF camera so the 5D is the most affordable.

Others spoke of getting a gd lens to make use of FF. If u can increase your budget for lens, u can try the L series of lenses, even better with L primes.

The decision is yours. I never looked back at 1.6x after getting FF so u really need to increase your budget to get gd lenses.

Hi there. Gd choice if u're choosing the 5D, even better with the MK II. Though the first gen 5D is 4 years old, it's still an excellent cam. Reason why i bought it is just becos i need a FF camera so the 5D is the most affordable.

Others spoke of getting a gd lens to make use of FF. If u can increase your budget for lens, u can try the L series of lenses, even better with L primes.

The decision is yours. I never looked back at 1.6x after getting FF so u really need to increase your budget to get gd lenses.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks bro!

well quality camera need quality glass. recommend kit lens for 5D

Got mine from Adorama as a Canon Refurbished Set last month but smelled and looked new. Absolutely zero signs of usage. For the price of US$1,300, there couldn't be any better deal for a full frame camera. 5D is an excellent camera if you're talking bout image quality and for now, it's the most affordable FF you can get. 5D FF = Better detail and lesser noise, period. Would beat even the upcoming 60D anytime. Just have to bare with the 230K 2.5" LCD (I am used to my previous 40D and current 5DMII).

The thing is you're contemplating with D90 which isn't a FF camera and to me, it goes to show you're not that anal when it comes to image quality, I mean to the extent of pixel peeping for details etc. If you're not too concern with details and noise control, then an xxD with 17-55 f/2.8 IS lens should do you better justice. 40D + 17-55 will set you back about SG$2.5K which gets you a 5D body only.

Last edited:
2300. I will recommend a xxD series too, and the remaining for a lens. No point getting a FF and struggle to get a good lens after that. Very "chuan" lah.

i think Ts sold his stuff a bit too fast alr.. lol but the 5d is still a good camera. around 1.9k you should be able to find a set in rather okay condition. lens.. buy 50mm and shoot first lo

To TS, you seem not sure why you want a FF cam in the 1st place?

2300. I will recommend a xxD series too, and the remaining for a lens. No point getting a FF and struggle to get a good lens after that. Very "chuan" lah.
I concur. FF sensors need a set of good lenses to show its true potential.

YES

Pair it with tamron 28-75, u r good to go

Close to ur budget i guess

It's easy to lust after the higher end camera bodies and I'm quite sure a lot of us do that. It's amazing how people are attracted to specs. :)

But as a general comment, put more money into your lenses. Bodies will change but glass will be with you for a while.

hmm i compared the images from 17-40L with 30D and 5D, immediately can see difference... 5D colours were really great..
so i guess, though the glass will follow u forever, but i think bodies matters alot too..

To TS, you seem not sure why you want a FF cam in the 1st place?

I concur. FF sensors need a set of good lenses to show its true potential.

But i don't have a very gd tele lens, mainly just for its 1:2 macro function.

Status
Not open for further replies.