Should I bring flash unit overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDude

Mar 25, 2005
Hi all,

I will be travelling in Jan 07, going to Kota Kinabalu. Was wondering if you guys/gals have met with any security issues when travelling with your DSLR and a flash unit. Is it advisable to leave my flash unit at home? Don't wanna risk getting too much attention, how about sharing your experience?

Thanks!

Ironman

Nov 14, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all,

I will be travelling in Jan 07, going to Kota Kinabalu. Was wondering if you guys/gals have met with any security issues when travelling with your DSLR and a flash unit. Is it advisable to leave my flash unit at home? Don't wanna risk getting too much attention, how about sharing your experience?

Thanks!
bring it along... i doubt there are any security issues wrt camera flashes.

MadDude

Mar 25, 2005
Not THOSE security issues, but theft, etc.:sweat:

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
Not THOSE security issues, but theft, etc.:sweat:
no matter how safe/unsafe a place is, theft is very much a personal responsibility also i guess :) and what makes you think people will notice the flash and not the camera? ;p

adamadam

Feb 9, 2004
Perth
www.flickr.com
It's up to you to keep it safe - I'd say leave it in the hotel safe or have it on you ALL the time.
Then at least you know it's still with you :)

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
Hotel safes unfortunately cannot contain a whole gamut of dslr equipment. Maybe the body with a small lens attached.

to TS: i think your dslr alone would draw attention. the flash unit isn't going to be a factor anymore. But you may be perceived as a working photog rather than just a tourist and be asked for $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom