Should an electric/dry box sit next to a window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technospaz

Sep 13, 2006
I'm moving my furniture around and wanted to know if it's safe to put my electric/dry box right next to my window. The window gets sunlight so it's relatively warm throughout the day but the box would be (partly) shielded from the warmth because it the window has a curtain. The box is also several cm away from the window so it's not direct contact.

Any thoughts? TIA!

I'm Putting directly at the corner beside the window, jus ensure rain doesnt touch the device at the back will do, correct me if I'm wrong

No. Wall accumulate heat after sunlight and may alter the humidity in the box. If you notice hat your humidity is not constant, then its better to shift away to another place.

I'm moving my furniture around and wanted to know if it's safe to put my electric/dry box right next to my window. The window gets sunlight so it's relatively warm throughout the day but the box would be (partly) shielded from the warmth because it the window has a curtain. The box is also several cm away from the window so it's not direct contact.

Any thoughts? TIA!

You asking a 12-year old kid's question... Of course not near the window! rain, sun, heat... any electrical items' greatest enemy...

With all due respect.... :)

You asking a 12-year old kid's question... Of course not near the window! rain, sun, heat... any electrical items' greatest enemy...

With all due respect.... :)

Great, I'm 2 years older in my questions :)

Seriously, it's a newbie question (I know) but wanted to see what others had to say. I guess it doesn't make any good sense and I'll find a more suitable spot for my box.

That will be fine as long as it is not directly expose to prolong sunlight; no because of humidity difference but more of damage to the plastic and camera.

You probably have heard many time. Don't store anything in a hot car.

Any thoughts? TIA!

That will be fine as long as it is not directly expose to prolong sunlight; no because of humidity difference but more of damage to the plastic and camera.

Thanks! That's useful. I think it makes sense to keep the box in a cool location so have decided to place it in a different location. It used to sit beneath my study table and I may just have it sit there in the long term.

:)

I putting my dry cabi near a window with only some morning sun coming into my room (not direct sunlight).
But most of the time, it's under shade and have windows as a shield from rainwater from coming in.. :D

It should be fine.. ;)

I putting my dry cabi near a window with only some morning sun coming into my room (not direct sunlight).
But most of the time, it's under shade and have windows as a shield from rainwater from coming in.. :D

It should be fine.. ;)

i placed mine near a living room window.. that particular spot on a hot sunny day, it dont really exposed to sunlight much and my house is quite cooling & windy so i'm comfortable to place there. Hope this helps you more in choosing your spot

Hi, Observe the meter readings during hot and cold weather and if the cabinet meter reading does not go beyond the permitted reading, it is OK. It is better if you could shift the cabinet as far away as possible by some reshuffling to protect it from rain coming from the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.