Shoud I repair or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveller246

May 5, 2005
I left my spoilt, antiquated Nikon F60 for evaluation recently and was told it'll cost $120 to replace the circuit board. Is it worth proceeding for repairs? Wondering if after the circuit board has been replaced, will the other camera parts spoil easily? The camera is about 7-8 years old.... Should I let it RIP?

I should think so.... Have 2 lens that goes with camera....

do you think that you would be getting an upgrade?
you can either fix the camera or buy another body (file/digital)

thanks for throwing the ball back to me.... i dun think i want to spend the money on getting a digital body yet....

so since you are not thinking about going digital,
you might want to look around the B&S forum
for good deals on a 2nd hand flm body
an upgrade maybe??

Good luck!

Eeer... getting a second hand will only open up yet another can of worms for me.... And I'll be concern over whether the camera is problem free, to start with.... Argh....

Btw, any idea if I'll have luck leaving the camera at the repair shop for consignment/ sale?

Thanks for your suggestions!

i don't think you can get much for a 2nd hand F60
so only if you still want to use it, then get it fixed and shoot more.
if you are thinking of selling it after fixing then it is not worth the effort.
just keep it for sentimental value.

I thought so too... Thanks!

traveller246 said:
Eeer... getting a second hand will only open up yet another can of worms for me.... And I'll be concern over whether the camera is problem free, to start with.... Argh....

Btw, any idea if I'll have luck leaving the camera at the repair shop for consignment/ sale?

Thanks for your suggestions!
no...they are just not in demand now...

I would just throw it away and buy a second-hand, like new F65 from B&S. Better compatibility with newer lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.