Shot through the cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2008
Singapore
This was shot from the breech end of a cannon in Mt Faber. Found the rifling pattern interesting. Shot by a point and shoot panasonic camera.

C&C welcome

dOlBy

Jan 7, 2004
Central
nice, just wondering if the aperture is smaller will the grooves at the end be in focus too. The blur effect is also nice.

Feb 2, 2008
Singapore
nice, just wondering if the aperture is smaller will the grooves at the end be in focus too. The blur effect is also nice.
Quite possibly. I did not have my SLR at that time. Had to use P&S camera. Not much control.

But not sure whether I could achieve that using SLR too since I had to keep the camera lens just next to the opening because there was a glass covering the end. So with such a short distance from subject, might need to use macro. Then DOF will be narrow.

Any comments from those more experienced?

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
nice shot, especially with a PnS! :thumbsup:

hmm...but just maybe if you lowered the exposure a little, the muzzle will be more defined =P
so since playing with the aperture will produced an undesired DoF, lower ISO?

just my $0.02

Feb 2, 2008
Singapore
I like the effect where I saw the slow fading of the lighting... Im not sure how to say it... But hope u understand what Im trying to imply! :-s
I guess so. I think it would have been better if I could have achieved a greater DOF. Thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom