Shot leeching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Thread that led to this discussion

I was just wondering, if there is any legal ramification for what this person did. A civil suit surely but what do you all think?

Leeching photographs like that.

And then again, there is stil the Sun Yanzi shots he has up there, still on the forum, expect this time round, he states in the topic who took the pictures. Still, i don't believe he asked for permission to post those shots....

Sun Yanzi Shots by CS members

*shrugs*

i dunno if Darren wants this matter closed, which may be why he closed the previous thread, but there are still many many Clubsnap images there. Some I can recall off-hand are OCH, Sun YZ, Eadwine Commandos, some StreetShooter's shots, etc. In short, still got a lot there!

Originally posted by yeppie99
i dunno if Darren wants this matter closed, which may be why he closed the previous thread, but there are still many many Clubsnap images there. Some I can recall off-hand are OCH, Sun YZ, Eadwine Commandos, some StreetShooter's shots, etc. In short, still got a lot there!

Thats my point i guess.

But the previous thread has been closed, in regards to the few shots that have been removed....

I guess it's up to all the owners with their shots re-posted to get together and discuss a course of action....

WTF!!!!! My PICS are also in there! sIron's pics are also in there!!
dun let me catch that little prick!!!! ARGGHHHHH!!!! IM PISSED!!!!!;(

I have done a check and the following photographers are involved:

Streetshooter - Too many to name
Eadwine - Commando, pull-up
Siron - Movie at the park, Birthday Girl
Tomshen - Crash wedding car, bugis street performance, sg street festival
Spycyfish - Bunny in a bag
LordVader - Oei my $1.00
Kamwai - Longer BBQ
xdivider - Ying and Yang
sbs99 - Cupid spotted at Heeren, Old Changi Hospital
ziploc - Orchard Fashion Show
mpenza - Woman of the Year
Wolfgang - Photography of Wolfgang

This guy, though never claim that the photos are taken by him but looking at the Commando thread, he never stated that these were not taken by him either. Damn! :angry: ;(

Originally posted by yeppie99
Wolfgang, look at this:

http://forums.ebyte.org/viewtopic.php?t=786

and for his so-called explaination of copyright?

http://forums.ebyte.org/viewtopic.php?t=167

Oh brilliant..... my pictures too? :rolleyes:

Add me to that list Goondu... :(

So, to the rest of the people with their shots "featured", are you guys keen on taking any further actions? Personally, i am quite keen...

Can I suggest that a list of all those image thread links be compiled before we take any action ?

Regardless of copyright or not, it seems to me that the person doesnt even know the basic courtesy of asking the owner permission before re-using the content. It appears to me that he believe everything on the internet is free to use without 2nd thought. Guess he was never taught about the fact that taking other people things w/o their permission is a act of theft regardless what your reason is.

Thats the reason why alot of image storage sites arent allowing external linking of images.

PS : I wonder how will he respond if someone takes a S$50 dollar note from his wallet and donates it to a charity organisation without asking his permission.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
Can I suggest that a list of all those image thread links be compiled before we take any action ?

Well, since Goondu has already started a list, i suggest we build upon that...

And you are right Jason. I t would be alot better if everyone decided on a unified course of action....

Originally posted by ninelives
on the photo, it said "copyright 2002 Fred's Digital Imaging?? wtf ??????

what a DICK! this fella should be shot dead lah IMO.

no way we can protect our photos if we post them online.
im like starting to think twice about posting my pics now..
sigh

I have updated the list. So far, I have only gone to SG gurls and Spy vs Spy sub-forum. Is now checking on other sub-forums.

There is one more but do not know who. His photos are uploaded to homex and he goes by the name of 'arkadytan'. The photos are from the NDP rehearsals.

I'm looking around too, besides having a mod who rips photos like no end, that site is crude and low on standards. Is that what Singaporeans look at every day?

Originally posted by christysg
I'm looking around too, besides having a mod who rips photos like no end, that site is crude and low on standards. Is that what Singaporeans look at every day?

Erm, well, it would be unfair to say that Singaporeans look at stuff like that everyday, since it's only one site and you're using it as an unfair benchmark, no? :)

Because if you use a singular site as a benchmark, then looking at ClubSnap, that would mean Singaporean takes loads of pictures everyday. ;)

Well, ok, "is that what some Singaporeans look at everyday?" :devil: Hee.

Originally posted by christysg
Well, ok, "is that what some Singaporeans look at everyday?" :devil: Hee.

I think we are digressing. ;)

Maybe after this photo leeching issue is resolved, we'll all come back to this topic and have a little verbal sword crossing over it. ;)

Back to photo-spotting....

FYI - i did not close the other thread, it was another mod who did that.

Did not know that there were other threads on ebyte that had leeched photos. The admins are working the issue and are discussing possible actions.

In the meantime, please continue the good work and compile a list of threads that have leeched pics.

I will send another message to him (and the admin of the site) asserting our rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.