Shot in sRGB, but CS2 says it's Adobe RGB (1998)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbit6003

Jan 19, 2005
Singapore
Hi all,

I've just installed CS2 into my computer. And as the header suggested, I shot my pics using sRGB, but when I imported it into CS2, it says that the embedded profile is Adobe RGB(1998).

Anyone of u who is CS2 savvy, would care to enlighten me?

Kenny

Hi all,

I've just installed CS2 into my computer. And as the header suggested, I shot my pics using sRGB, but when I imported it into CS2, it says that the embedded profile is Adobe RGB(1998).

Anyone of u who is CS2 savvy, would care to enlighten me?

Kenny
RAW? JPG?
if jpg CS2 should present it as sRGB
if RAW, whateva color space setting you set on your camera will not take effect. It will only take effect when you settle the correct color space during RAW conversion.

RAW? JPG?
if jpg CS2 should present it as sRGB
if RAW, whateva color space setting you set on your camera will not take effect. It will only take effect when you settle the correct color space during RAW conversion.

I shot the pics in RAW, then converted them in DPP to jpeg, before importing it into CS2 to work on them further.

The jpeg ones are stated as having Adobe RGB (1998) as the embedded profile.

Sorry as I'm not too good with CS2, can u elaborate on what u said earlier?

Bte, I'm using the Canon 30D.

Kenny

I shot the pics in RAW, then converted them in DPP to jpeg, before importing it into CS2 to work on them further.

Kenny
well, the problem lies with your setting in DPP(im not sure where to set).
most raw converter will let you choose a color space like sRGB or aRGB before you save them into a jpg...etc. most probably your setting in DPP is aRGB, thats why CS2 say it is aRGB(which is correct)
try looking around DPP to see if there is any color space setting during the raw conversion.(im not sure since i don use canon)

well, the problem lies with your setting in DPP(im not sure where to set).
most raw converter will let you choose a color space like sRGB or aRGB before you save them into a jpg...etc. most probably your setting in DPP is aRGB, thats why CS2 say it is aRGB(which is correct)
try looking around DPP to see if there is any color space setting during the raw conversion.(im not sure since i don use canon)

I cant seem to find this option in DPP.....:dunno:

I've also just shot and open a RAW file under CS2's Camera RAW, and it shows that the profile is Adobe RGB (1998) instead of the sRGB profile as set in my 30D...

Kenny

Kenny

like explorerz mentioned, although you set your cam to srgb, it wont affect the raw. your cs2 raw convert was setup to apply adobe rgb to the jpg converted from raw. you can change the default color space when the raw file opens in adobe camera raw.

I cant seem to find this option in DPP.....:dunno:

I've also just shot and open a RAW file under CS2's Camera RAW, and it shows that the profile is Adobe RGB (1998) instead of the sRGB profile as set in my 30D...

Kenny
that is not showing you what setting you have on the camera. that is the setting to tell you that the jpg output will be, you just have to change it to sRGB before you save anything.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response...:)

Does that mean that the RAW's profile is sRGB as set in camera, and when it was converted to jpeg using DPP, it somehow became Adobe RGB? When U opened the jpeg file, CS2 told me that the embedded profile is Adobe RGB.

Sorry for these seemingly elementary questions...

Kenny

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response...:)

Does that mean that the RAW's profile is sRGB as set in camera, and when it was converted to jpeg using DPP, it somehow became Adobe RGB? When U opened the jpeg file, CS2 told me that the embedded profile is Adobe RGB.

Sorry for these seemingly elementary questions...

Kenny

no...raw has no color space. its just the raw sensor data.

the adobe rgb profile was applied when you converted the raw to jpeg when you opened it in adobe camera raw. you can either change the default in adobe camera raw or just convert to srgb profile before saving the jpeg.

no...raw has no color space. its just the raw sensor data.

the adobe rgb profile was applied when you converted the raw to jpeg when you opened it in adobe camera raw. you can either change the default in adobe camera raw or just convert to srgb profile before saving the jpeg.

I did the conversion in DPP, which I dun seem to be able to find out how to specify its convesion to sRGB....

Thanks, I'll try to figure that out....

Kenny

edit>convert to profile> sRGB;)

I did the conversion in DPP, which I dun seem to be able to find out how to specify its convesion to sRGB....

Thanks, I'll try to figure that out....

Kenny

for DPP you can set the default work color space in the preferences under color management. for individual pics you can set it under adjustment->work color space.

Thanks to all who have been generous to dispense advice!:)

I think I've managed to solve the problem.....what I had to do is to convert the indvidual jpegs to the intended colour profile in CS2.

I prefer to work in sRGB, as I've found that the printout gives me the closest match to the colour presented on my monitor, which is calibrated.

Thanks!

Kenny

Thanks to all who have been generous to dispense advice!:)

I think I've managed to solve the problem.....what I had to do is to convert the indvidual jpegs to the intended colour profile in CS2.

I prefer to work in sRGB, as I've found that the printout gives me the closest match to the colour presented on my monitor, which is calibrated.

Thanks!

Kenny

but remember.....convert from adobe RGB to sRGB only at last prosses....coz adobe RBG giv u more color space for u to edit ur image.:) happy printing & buying ink:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.