Shortchanged by GOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Kinda free now... den see so many demoralising threads... maybe i bring some motivating things in... hehe... just add on things that GOD have shortchanged you, den write how you overcome it...

1) Colorblind... anyway, god is damn shortchanging me... cos i was born colorblind, yet, i have perfect eyesight even after daily gaming sessions in the past... (but dun ask me the difference between the terrorist & counter terrorist from afar...) when young i wanted to be a pilot, a doctor, and every other thing that deals with color, so ended up, i can't do a thing about it, read that there is glasses that can do that, but only for minor colorblind, ended up more devastated... and my family runs manufacturing of electrical items, and all i know, i can't even see the color of the wires, i have to sometimes ask what the difference between the 2 color (dark red & dark green, dark yellow & light green, light blue & pink, pink & purple (ok... sometimes i even mistake light blue & purple...)

anyway, since its since birth i was destined to be blind... i've tried to see contrast between each color, memorize the direction of the traffic lights (yeah... there is a trick u know...) and also, managed to 'pass' my color test for driving, and have my driving license, anyway, else i might be dead by now... kena bang by car numerous times over... :bsmilie:

2) Inferiority... dunno y... since young, i always felt that i am the weakest link... its like, in school, no matter what grades i get, what scores i get, everybody keep comparing my scores with my siblings... and even if end of the day i score better, they just say its my luck... or my parents bought the grades... i can't see y my principal, teachers can't just separate me from them, maybe its destined that i must go to every school they have been to... then i happen to go to the 'lower' class they had gone... like primary school, i always in B class, when they in A class, my sis score from top down number 1, i score from bottom up number 1, hehe... they go express class, i go normal class... anyway, i know how to use PC den, they dun... thats the difference...

anyway, turned into worse when i was in secondary school when i was being targeted by the psychotic teachers group... imagine that my hair wasn't short, and was cut by them till i dun even dare to go out (went to cut botak once, and swear never to cut again), uniform was poured by oil by the teachers (ask mom to bring a fresh set to school...), was asked to do star jump before i can talk to that particular teacher..., gotta seat in class behind the wall, den when others was having class, i was in the oven room baking myself with my laptop, and a hell lot more... then was being ostracised by the class due to the frequent conflicts i get into with the school, landing the class into frequent inspections... anyway, felt like dying then, thought about commit suicide and such... even had chest pain, shortness of breath, just thinking about going to schoool...

anyway, i felt that, with that type of experience, what makes me weak, makes me stronger... who wanna see me down, makes me motivated to go on... to hell with the system... anyway, i've also learnt much from their 'teachings', endure, endure & outsmart... and to be independent... when there is no one there for you, you still have yourself... when you lose yourself, then thats the end of the game... and unlike other games, there isn't a save point, reset button... 1 try, for better or worst, til end of it, we have to go on... :cool:

so anybody wanna jump now?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nobody's perfect... count your blessings. Contentment starts with your heart.

Shortchanged?

I'd like to see the other way.... There's no God, there's no justice. Good men die young (or get struck by lightning), Bad guys? Well, they live to a prosperous long life with their immense wealth.

jsbn said:
Shortchanged?

I'd like to see the other way.... There's no God, there's no justice. Good men die young (or get struck by lightning), Bad guys? Well, they live to a prosperous long life with their immense wealth.

hmm i felt it too... heheh... good guys struck by lightning, bad guys struck toto... :eek:

anyway, this 1 motivation thread lah...

i contemplating another thread, cos i see those kena shortchanged ones, go out to harm others... den wanted to start this... Shortchanged by GOD? How u take revenge on others...

i've seen a few, really go all the way out to get back what they think god have short changed them... act pitiful, den live on others... den take everything away from ppl who lend them a helping hand... like chopping the hands that feeds them...:angry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt, your story is motivating, at least for me, while i am feeling so down & gloom & doom. thx. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm i felt it too... heheh... good guys struck by lightning, bad guys struck toto... :eek:

anyway, this 1 motivation thread lah...

i contemplating another thread, cos i see those kena shortchanged ones, go out to harm others... den wanted to start this... Shortchanged by GOD? How u take revenge on others...

i've seen a few, really go all the way out to get back what they think god have short changed them... act pitiful, den live on others... den take everything away from ppl who lend them a helping hand... like chopping the hands that feeds them...:angry:
maybe you can get inspired by this movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268437/
i watched it, but kinda silly show.

Well.....dont worry DCA.

Shortchanged or what so ever....Gods great and fair...not good at one thing you will be great in another.

Come to think of it....those who stupidly destroying God's earth are those smart ppl, not color blind...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

rgds,
sulhan

1911 said:
Del_CtrlnoAlt, your story is motivating, at least for me, while i am feeling so down & gloom & doom. thx. :)

No problem... ;)

Eh, i felt like writing my 5 year occupation by the XX sec school... but i scared i might commit sucide while writing, or even if publish, those who read 1/2 way might commit suicide... :bsmilie:

sulhan said:
Well.....dont worry DCA.

Shortchanged or what so ever....Gods great and fair...not good at one thing you will be great in another.

Come to think of it....those who stupidly destroying God's earth are those smart ppl, not color blind...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

rgds,
sulhan

hehe... ya, but i think i was the only guy who colored my trees blue when i was in primary school... then went buying my color pencils, i would ask the shopkeeper to open up so that i can see if the color pencils have label on them, and in simple english, not pantone... heheh...

like Blue, Light blue, Green, dark Green... etc... unlike some brand... still dunno what color is terra cotta... hahaha... and lime green is just as vague... ;p

why worry if you are colorblind? if u been born with it, then you would have long learned how to cope with it. If u are not born with it, u won't know the different of having and not having it. Plus i believe that all of us see colors differently, my pink might be different from your pink, her pink, his pink or their pink.

Sometimes i wish i am born blind, then i won't see so much.

and btw Sucide is not something to take lightly.

Nisa said:
why worry if you are colorblind? if u been born with it, then you would have long learned how to cope with it. If u are not born with it, u won't know the different of having and not having it. Plus i believe that all of us see colors differently, my pink might be different from your pink, her pink, his pink or their pink.

yeap... but its a sad thing you can't even see any... and the best part is the inconvenience... like u always not wearing the matching set of clothes, never get to know the difference between gold & copper... den ppl always talking behind your back say u got no fashion sense... so in the end u only buy a certain color, and a certain brand... esp when u afraid u might buy pink instead of blue... i hope i was blind... and i do hope i was never born, but since i'm here... might as well make the best of it...

anyway, i tried eating 20 panadol when i was in sec 3/4? den din die, even thou i had allegies for it... woke up the next day and everybody thought i was having a long rest... thats the 'emptiness' u get... nobody even bothered, or even aware...

Nisa said:
I have Fuji eyes. It seems like some borderline stuff like between yellow and green or grey and green, I will call it green, while others won't. :bsmilie:

Nisa, there are some situations that outsiders will not understand what the fuss is all about. DCA's point is he did learn to cope with it, but he went through a process and I always find overcoming limitations very inspiring.

Nisa said:
If you were, you might wish differently. :nono:

Nisa said:
That is true. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh nobody else to share?
Most people won't share lah. The thing about overcoming obstacles is, once it is accomplished, it looks easier from the other side. And then got other people who were never in the situation who think, what's the big deal? People don't want to share and then kena this kind of reply. ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
yeap... but its a sad thing you can't even see any... and the best part is the inconvenience... like u always not wearing the matching set of clothes, never get to know the difference between gold & copper... den ppl always talking behind your back say u got no fashion sense... so in the end u only buy a certain color, and a certain brand... esp when u afraid u might buy pink instead of blue... i hope i was blind... and i do hope i was never born, but since i'm here... might as well make the best of it...

anyway, i tried eating 20 panadol when i was in sec 3/4? den din die, even thou i had allegies for it... woke up the next day and everybody thought i was having a long rest... thats the 'emptiness' u get... nobody even bothered, or even aware...

Actually i don't think colorblind is a sad thing. just a different way of seeing the world, just in another set of specs.

haha people don't want to face it.
I remembered once i was crying very very badly, i cry often just not in front of my parents or family or frens.... anyway i cried so hard and my dad walked in. And the frist thing he said was "did your jie jie scold you?", he never tot the cause of it was him.

kaywalk said:
If you were, you might wish differently. :nono:

because i am not. I see the beauty of it.

Nisa said:
Actually i don't think colorblind is a sad thing. just a different way of seeing the world, just in another set of specs.

haha people don't want to face it.
I remembered once i was crying very very badly, i cry often just not in front of my parents or family or frens.... anyway i cried so hard and my dad walked in. And the frist thing he said was "did your jie jie scold you?", he never tot the cause of it was him.

hehehe, got that too... man can't cry... lppl... cry also cannot... kena shortchanged to be a man...

anyway, i hope for a better pair of specs so that i can do the things i wanted to do... at least you guys get to wear a tinted glass, take it out, still normal, but once being stereotyped, even if u can overcome, u can never be what u wanted to be.. cos u will still be a hazard to the operation... would u trust a color blind pilot? or maybe if i tell ppl i'm doing the wiring, den will ppl still trust me? cos when i see the 3 core wire, i can't see the diff between them sometimes...

If you truly believe in God, then you will not say that God shortchanged you.

If you truly believe in God, then you will believe that there is a purpose in everything.

If you truly believe in God, then you will have the faith and conviction that your "handicaps" are in your best interests.

If you do not believe in God, then why blame him for your "handicaps"?

student said:
If you truly believe in God, then you will not say that God shortchanged you.

If you truly believe in God, then you will believe that there is a purpose in everything.

If you truly believe in God, then you will have the faith and conviction that your "handicaps" are in your best interests.

If you do not believe in God, then why blame him for your "handicaps"?

Hmm, cos i free thinker? :bsmilie:

so who should i seek instead? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.