Short stop to Singapore.

Romel888

Feb 16, 2012
Hi,

My return flight from Manila to Singapore has a very long lay over time before my final flight from Singapore to Abu Dhabi. The lay over time is more than 17 hours,
I booked it intensionally for photography purposes.
My arrival in singapore in around 8 pm and departure is 12 noon on the next day.
I am planning to shoot in Marina Bay area at night and other places during the day or morning.
Can you please help me where are the best places for photography during those times?

Thanks

Hi,

My return flight from Manila to Singapore has a very long lay over time before my final flight from Singapore to Abu Dhabi. The lay over time is more than 17 hours,
I booked it intensionally for photography purposes.
My arrival in singapore in around 8 pm and departure is 12 noon on the next day.
I am planning to shoot in Marina Bay area at night and other places during the day or morning.
Can you please help me where are the best places for photography during those times?

Thanks

Assuming you don't have private transport here, and since you mentioned MBay area.

I would suggest Helix bridge, which is walking distanct from Marina Bay, and if you don't mind walking, you can definitely take this route.

Marina Bay Sands > Helix bridge > Fullerton Hotel / Merlion. Fantastic lighting at night for the Sg Flyer.

Just be there and i believe you would naturally find great photography spots.

Welcome to SG!

You can catch Bus 36 (which travel round in a loop) from airport to drop off near to marina bay. Walk around and shoot. Hope you've have a tripod for the night shoot!

Then take the same bus (note the last bus run) to Orchard road and drop by any 24 hr joint or hotel coffee shop for a break.

Early in the morning take the same bus to marine parade (drop off opposite Parkway Parade, cross the road. Behind McDonald is a market and hawker centre. Have your breakfast and do some candids. When it's time jump onto the same bus at the same bus stop back to the airport for your flight home. On the way from the airport the bus will pass marine parade.