Minimum Aperture f22-f32
Minimum Focusing Distance 150*(95) cm / 59.1*(37.4) in
Filter Size (mm) 58mm
Maximum Magnifications 1:4
Dimensions
(Diameter x Length) 76.6 x 119.5 mm/3.0 x 4.7 in
Extended Dimensions 208.30 mm / 8.2 in
Weight 530g / 18.7oz.

(copied from the official Sigma page for the lens http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/70-300mm-f4-56-apo-dg-macro)

Now, I'm not the most skilled nor am I the richest photographer out there. In fact, I just started seriously photographing about a year ago. So anyways, I am very interested in wildlife, macro and sports photography, and with a rather low price like that, this lens was apparently exactly what I needed due to its long focussing range, 'macro' capabilities and rather low price.

Sample photographs taken with this lens:

nx42t0.jpg

2iad079.jpg

5bsl77.jpg
2uorhu8.jpg

(I am in the Photography CCA of my school and I sometimes cover events such as matches)

Now for the verdict. I'm quite satisfied with this lens. However, a few flaws. Due to its quite high f-stop number, it's quite bad in low light situations. However, in great lighting conditions the lens really excels. Also, the photos taken with this lens are not very vibrant (at least for me) but this is easily rectified in Lightroom. Hopefully this helps those out there looking at and considering to buy this lens. I know this isn't the best of reviews nor the best of photos, but I couldn't find many reviews out there when I wanted to buy this lens.

Reactions: catchlights