short guide for what conversion u might want

You also interested in ghost hunts eh?

Bro livideyez, do jiao me leh!

I am also ghost-hunter ;p

I shot with both IR and normal but caught nothing... :think:

See my post @ http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785953&page=7

I wanna try for fun..maybe we plan IR outing to OCH :p
Ask the masters bring their Leica's too, maybe the 'vintageness' of their Leica's can attract the spirits out :think:

I wanna try for fun..maybe we plan IR outing to OCH :p
Ask the masters bring their Leica's too, maybe the 'vintageness' of their Leica's can attract the spirits out :think:

:bsmilie::bsmilie: go cck! full of good buddies;)

hahaha I went during the day time on Christmas day after church a few weeks back, quite a nice place to be..
Very peaceful and nice...I went to the Christian Cemetery though..but there were a lot of people around too..

hmm i remember got the abandoned ones. :think:

:thumbsup: Great work on the write up!

Just to add, for the second option (modded camera with IR filter), besides not able to shoot normal colors or change, the drawback I have learned is that if you're going to an outing and want to shoot both IR and normal colors, you might end up bringing more than one body. Heavy lah :sweat:

he havnt c Bro Limwhow & SereneXMM in action! hahaa!

Interested in IR leh now.. Maybe I'll get the filter to play around. HK got right? :D

Just check with you guys. I place and IR filter and did a 30sec exposure and the image comes out to be deep purple. Why?

Just check with you guys. I place and IR filter and did a 30sec exposure and the image comes out to be deep purple. Why?

probably wrong white balance?:think: what is the filter u used and how were the conditions like?

I set to AWB and shooting from my room's window to bright sunny outdoor.

The filter used is this one, rated 89B (R72)...Cokin P sized though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Infrared-Filter...es_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item1c0af00621

ah. u need to do the custom white balance first. are u a canon camera?

for canon, i know the method is, tkae a shot of the grass (grass only) with AWB. then, set the image as the CWB image. then set ur WB to CWB. u shld be getting white leaves;)

AWB will go goyak hehe

ah. u need to do the custom white balance first. are u a canon camera?

for canon, i know the method is, tkae a shot of the grass (grass only) with AWB. then, set the image as the CWB image. then set ur WB to CWB. u shld be getting white leaves;)

AWB will go goyak hehe

Yes, it is a WB issue. However, after adjusting WB, 2 things happen, some area remains light purple, some area give a slight hint of green. I guess these are the vignette and the over-exposured area respectively. Is this normal?

Yes, it is a WB issue. However, after adjusting WB, 2 things happen, some area remains light purple, some area give a slight hint of green. I guess these are the vignette and the over-exposured area respectively. Is this normal?

:think: normally i'll edit later under hues to just correct it:) saves time. i oddly suspect if u shift the hue, u will get blue and yellow.:think:

I'm using a D7000, I tried to preset my WB once on a overcast day, but end up all my preset was no good.... gotta wait till 1 weekend when the sun is at the strongest to preset it. I'm still waiting eagerly to try it.

Thanks bro for the write up.. it is really informative and help me alot. at this meantime I will remain with my R72, I hope to get other wave length filter to test out 1 day also.

Hi allenleonheart, do you know how much Fatigue charge for the different IR mods? Or the market rate perhaps? Thanks.