Shops to Avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

niki

Dec 3, 2005
SengKang
Hi guys,

as i was reading the thread 'where to get 2nd hand items' or somethin like tat... notice the mention of a particular shop wif not very good review..

will be going shoppping for a lens 2moro.. any other shops to avoid? i think cant reveal full name rite? then at least give clues can? thanks! ;)

Perhaps it'll be better to instead ask the folks here for shops they recommend?

Personally, I started off at Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza, and have since made it a point to get everything I need from there.

hello brother,
u to the shop called Allan photo @ Sim Lim square(level 1) lah... Near to Bugis... very good price..

Yawoo said:
hello brother,
u to the shop called Allan photo @ Sim Lim square(level 1) lah... Near to Bugis... very good price..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I only get my stuff from AP (SLS). Good service and VERY good prices too! :D

shops that you can go to

AP
CP
john 3:16
alex photo
prime
TCW
Cam.X.

I recommend TK photo. Great service and prices!

I will avoid John 3:16, AP(Funan) and all the camera shops in Level 1 n 2 of SLS - except AP(Sim Lim)

MS colour : great service and price. Biggest problem for me is the location (AMK). Very far.

icarus said:
I will avoid John 3:16, AP(Funan) and all the camera shops in Level 1 n 2 of SLS - except AP(Sim Lim)

yes agree that its advisable to avoid SLS except AP

however your experience with john316 and AP(funan) seems contrary to popular opinion
personally they seem fine to be (at least)

sriram said:
MS colour : great service and price. Biggest problem for me is the location (AMK). Very far.

Do you active location

user111 said:
yes agree that its advisable to avoid SLS except AP

however your experience with john316 and AP(funan) seems contrary to popular opinion
personally they seem fine to be (at least)

No la, its a personal thing... I bought stuffs from John and Ap(F) before... AP(F) gave me a 'Song Brothers' feeling... while John's prices ain't exactly the best in the market..:bsmilie:

sriram said:
Use MRT lah. It is just opposite AMK MRT station. Walk a bit for exercise.

Regards,
Arto.

For 2nd hand items you can try K13 at Peninsula Plaza (Level 2)...Good service & item look very new...;)

icarus said:
'Song Brothers' feeling...

lolz .. song bros not that bad la :bsmilie:

Goldenstars08 said:
For 2nd hand items you can try K13 at Peninsula Plaza (Level 2)...Good service & item look very new...;)

ah hahaha :bsmilie:

I would avoid all shops at Lucky Plaza :)

There was a time years ago when lucky plaza was famous for photo shop salesmen beating up tourists who decided not to buy after the salesman spent much time "entertaining" the prospective buyer.

But of course the salesmen got their side of story to tell.

Came out in news reports often enough to spread lucky plaza "fame" far and wide.

In the end I think Tourist Board got to set up task force to deal with it.

mscolor - quite reasonable prices compared to other shops but not as well stocked (kinda of a small shop) :)

I stay in AMK, but go to Cathay Photo instead. They are well-stocked and always have the items I want. :)

The one store I will avoid is that behind TCW at Peninsula Shopping Centre (near the 1st floor escalator). Very bad service. "Ah beng" type salesmen.

photobum said:
I stay in AMK, but go to Cathay Photo instead. They are well-stocked and always have the items I want. :)

The one store I will avoid is that behind TCW at Peninsula Shopping Centre (near the 1st floor escalator). Very bad service. "Ah beng" type salesmen.

That shop is called Ish***. HAve branches in Lucky Plaza and they would prefer tourists to locals. Some of the sales people also don't know theie stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.