Shopping in china.

wootsk

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2007
Small Island
I am going china from 14th to 22th nov. I was wondering where I can find some good camera shop selling old lens in china. Looking forward to upgrade my FD 55mm F1.2 to FD 85mm F1.2L. Thanks for any reply.

I am going china from 14th to 22th nov. I was wondering where I can find some good camera shop selling old lens in china. Looking forward to upgrade my FD 55mm F1.2 to FD 85mm F1.2L. Thanks for any reply.

Which part of china? China is very big you know.

Nice question. Forgot that's not singapore, haven't asked my dad where he's going as I will be tagging along only... Will ask him and update the question again. Thanks for the reply anyway

Nice question. Forgot that's not singapore, haven't asked my dad where he's going as I will be tagging along only... Will ask him and update the question again. Thanks for the reply anyway

Only somethings are worth buying in China. Namely made-in-china products like accessories, studio accessories.

Lenses and cameras you are much better off buying them in HK because China still have import taxes, unless the lenses are made in China, like the Nikon 35/1.8 which is made in Wuxi, so it is quite cheap in China.

I am looking for older FD lens, not those newer made EF/ EF-S lens. So I was just wondering if there are shops in china with large collection of them and selling at good price. Getting from E-Bay and online stores aren't really comfortable and I scared for chances of lens damage during handling. Getting from singapore, I can't seem to find someone who sells FD 85mm F1.2L and pricing might be a bit high as it is quite rare in singapore.

When I was looking around in the used equipment dealers, I see hasselblads, ricoh, rollei, old Nikons, contax, but no canon FD...

When I was looking around in the used equipment dealers, I see hasselblads, ricoh, rollei, old Nikons, contax, but no canon FD...

Not good news to me:(
Well thanks again:)

Not good news to me:(
Well thanks again:)

During the years past, the older timers in China are big on Nikon... not so much on Canon...
In the recent digital times, they are big on Canon. And nikon too.

During the years past, the older timers in China are big on Nikon... not so much on Canon...
In the recent digital times, they are big on Canon. And nikon too.

Haiz, btw I am visiting Chongqing area.

Haiz, btw I am visiting Chongqing area.

Chongqing is bad location for camera stuffs. mostly overpriced.

If you need recommendations for food, especially if you are going to be staying in central chongqing (Jie Fang Bei) area, I can give you some.

So you flying silkair into CQ? if you do stop over, might as well stop over in macau or HK and go camera shopping there.

Chongqing is bad location for camera stuffs. mostly overpriced.

If you need recommendations for food, especially if you are going to be staying in central chongqing (Jie Fang Bei) area, I can give you some.

So you flying silkair into CQ? if you do stop over, might as well stop over in macau or HK and go camera shopping there.

I see, wonder what good food is there waiting for me. Anyway I don't think I will have stop over, if I do have, I do hope it's HK and I can get some films and glasses there :D

yeah.... you will find alot there if you are lucky enough....

Just finish tour at Chiong Qing, Chang Jiang 3 Sia area and Wu Dang, saw some films, sadly they are common and quite little. Nothing much and quite undeveloped except nice tour area and view, some local photography of trades and view not found in Singapore. Currently at Wu Han and traveling to Guang Zhou soon, any recommandation for food or film photography equipment?

Last edited: